New Sponsor: Fancurve

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t see it.

The whole thing is a con. Manufactured scarcity of a resource that no one is actually interested in.

With gold, or any other real resource, you can’t just decide to magically generate more different types of it and start your own business selling your own variety of gold.

That’s basically what crypto is trying to do - and the only reason it’s worked at all so far is that there are plenty of suckers who want to get in on the ground floor of something they think is going to fly.

NFTs are the daftest subset of all. While free image / audio / video formats are a thing, and they always will be, there’s literally no reason to pay for something that’s functionally equivalent. Except because you think it will somehow magically go up in value.

It’s a Ponzi scheme, and it’s over.
I really don't get the NFT thing myself, but things don't need to have physical value to be valuable.
Anyone can spend 99p for a copy of the Mona Lisa, the physical value of the original is probably not much more. But the artistic and emotional value makes it worth millions.

I really don't get the NFT thing myself, but things don't need to have physical value to be valuable.
Anyone can spend 99p for a copy of the Mona Lisa, the physical value of the original is probably not much more. But the artistic and emotional value makes it worth millions.
Sure, but non-monetary value is something else. I don’t need a photo of my kids to be an NFT for me to feel that emotional value. A regular JPEG does just fine.

The difference with physical prints of the Mona Lisa is that they are real things, where every duplication differs from the original and microscopically from each other. It also takes resources to manufacture each one.

One copy of a digital file is precisely the same as another. And you can make as many more absolutely identical copies of it as you like, whenever you want. If I’m emailing my friend a PDF, I keep the original PDF, and he gets the exact same thing at essentially zero cost. He can then do with his copy whatever he likes, including duplicating it a million times.

NFTs’ only purpose is to try and cripple this freedom so that money can be made - to force scarcity where there is none.

I think I qualify as an Everton Da ,somebody translate this into English please :eek:
<< A digital wearable is a non-physical, photo-realistic garment, often created with a mixture of 2D and 3D tools, that can be displayed in digital form within the Metaverse, fashion platforms or as character skins as in-game assets. Fancurve’s digital wearables are specifically designed to be worn by fan avatars on the Fancurve platform and across the Metaverse.>>
Thanks for that - as an Everton grand da - What's the point?

Nothing new in this rip off idea - Hans Christian Anderrson and Danny Kaye had it sussed in the Emperors / Kings new clothes.

Some interesting claims on their website. One being that you'll feel a deeper connection to not only the club, but players and fellow fans too.
A ludicrous claim, but maybe not so if you think the digital/metaverse world is somehow relative to actual real life and the club that actually kicks a ball about on a pitch every wk or so.

Anyway, I did see this and it made me wonder what GOT might do if they're approached to jump on board to help drive the 'community'. Taken from the site;

'Find your fellow fans and share moments, memories, and special perks together.'

I don’t get what it is
If you have a box or PS4 game, they have what is known as ‘skins’ which are costumes, special armour and the like. Loads come with the game that you win by clearing a special level or episode of the game. There are many individuals for whom the standard ‘skins’ are an abomination and who will pay extra to have an outfit or armour for their ingame character that only those who pay extra can have. It is perhaps the lowest point i. Human evolution and denotes the apex as we begin our inevitable slide towards extinction.
top fashion designers are producing one off outfits for tens of grands so the likes of those horrendous kardashian slags can have an avatar dressed in a one off in the entires internet outfit.
and we have ex servicemen sleeping rough, the world is finished mate!

Gonna look boss wearing me pink away shirt with BiG SAL on the back as I strut the Sims/Metaverse/Matrix/Fortnite digital frontier

Some interesting claims on their website. One being that you'll feel a deeper connection to not only the club, but players and fellow fans too.
A ludicrous claim, but maybe not so if you think the digital/metaverse world is somehow relative to actual real life and the club that actually kicks a ball about on a pitch every wk or so.

Anyway, I did see this and it made me wonder what GOT might do if they're approached to jump on board to help drive the 'community'. Taken from the site;

'Find your fellow fans and share moments, memories, and special perks together.'
If Everton are any good in this digital/metaverse world I'm all in.

Status
Not open for further replies.