New Sponsor: Fancurve

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fail to see the problem here. Sure the club would get daggers if they didn't explore these options sooner or later. Damned if they do damned if they don't

The concept of your avatar on the internet ‘wearing’ ‘clothes’ that you’ve paid actual money for is crazy. There is no value in it whatsoever and I’m amazed that NFT companies can get investors interested enough to get such a nonsense venture off the ground. Then again, I’m sure money launderers are having a field day at the moment.

Yeah I’m sure this is forefront of fans minds as a cost of living crisis hits unimaginable levels , this club honestly

I think I qualify as an Everton Da ,somebody translate this into English please :eek:
<< A digital wearable is a non-physical, photo-realistic garment, often created with a mixture of 2D and 3D tools, that can be displayed in digital form within the Metaverse, fashion platforms or as character skins as in-game assets. Fancurve’s digital wearables are specifically designed to be worn by fan avatars on the Fancurve platform and across the Metaverse.>>
....said the actress to the bishop.

So, for those who dont know what NFTs are, if you buy one you are basically paying for a image file. You get the file and you ‘own’ it. You can get the same ‘product’ by googling it and hitting ‘save image to computer’. NFTs are a grift and its very disappointing seeing Everton doing this crap.

You're purchasing a digital time stamp associated with the file once it's been added to a blockchain, which in some cases can then be utilised as proof of ownership of the file in question. It's often the time-stamp that is supposed to be non-fungible, rather than the file itself, which as you say can be replicated with ease. I actually don't think they are complete nonsense, and if there are going to be 'digital worlds' then I can see why they may have utility. They are title deeds for digital assets that can be recorded on blockchains.

The NFT grift has become so desperate now that they can’t even bring themselves to use the term “NFT” when attempting to describe what they do.

The public don’t want this. It will fail - but hopefully Everton will get a bit of cash before that happens.

You're purchasing a digital time stamp associated with the file once it's been added to a blockchain, which in some cases can then be utilised as proof of ownership of the file in question. It's often the time-stamp that is supposed to be non-fungible, rather than the file itself, which as you say can be replicated with ease. I actually don't think they are complete nonsense, and if there are going to be 'digital worlds' then I can see why they may have utility. They are title deeds for digital assets.
This is a much better way to describe it. The only ‘product’ you get is the image tho, and ‘ownership’ of an image anyone can grab for free is imho a grift. Theres a reason NFTs are often used to clean dirty crypto.

“A digital wearable is a non-physical, photo-realistic garment, often created with a mixture of 2D and 3D tools, that can be displayed in digital form within the Metaverse, fashion platforms or as character skins as in-game assets. Fancurve’s digital wearables are specifically designed to be worn by fan avatars on the Fancurve platform and across the Metaverse.”

So much garbage.

We’ll all have forgotten about this company by the time we play Chelsea.

The NFT grift has become so desperate now that they can’t even bring themselves to use the term “NFT” when attempting to describe what they do.

The public don’t want this. It will fail - but hopefully Everton will get a bit of cash before that happens.

This is true, it has gone from hype to tripe in just a matter of months. The worldwide meltdown has played a role in that though. The digital world takes a back seat when you're struggling to pay your rent in the real world. They will come back though, in my opinion. NFT's aren't just about crap monkey paintings.

Status
Not open for further replies.