New Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far too early to bin off Koeman, we gave brown shoes 3 years so he deserves at least 2. I don't think he is clueless as the previous manager so the results will pick up. The blame should more go on to the board for not getting the targets or choosing players with 0 pace. Let's see what Jan brings, it better be good.
True that but we aren't as charitable as we used to be now that we're a billionaire club and really starved for success. Give him till the end of the season and if he doesn't turn things around he should be shown the door.

Its the manager.....or a star player on fire for a season....that can bridge the gap.

We didnt sign that kind of a manager, we signed an almost 100% guarantee of doing no better than we have in the last 22yrs IMO.

Yes whatever other manager would be a gamble, but I'd prefer we gamble with somebody with potential for 3 seasons rather than take the safe option we have taken now. Just my personal preference.

I totally agree with people complaining about the knee jerking going on right now. We are a bit crap but he will sort it out and we will have some good runs this season. My problem is that it is all I think we will get. Some good runs, some big wins and still banging our head against the glass ceiling of 7th or at best 6th.

New boss please.

Its the manager.....or a star player on fire for a season....that can bridge the gap.

We didnt sign that kind of a manager, we signed an almost 100% guarantee of doing no better than we have in the last 22yrs IMO.

Yes whatever other manager would be a gamble, but I'd prefer we gamble with somebody with potential for 3 seasons rather than take the safe option we have taken now. Just my personal preference.

I totally agree with people complaining about the knee jerking going on right now. We are a bit crap but he will sort it out and we will have some good runs this season. My problem is that it is all I think we will get. Some good runs, some big wins and still banging our head against the glass ceiling of 7th or at best 6th.

New boss please.

Agree with complaints about knee jerking but then knee jerk yourself and ask for a new manager, hmm.

Far too early to bin off Koeman, we gave brown shoes 3 years so he deserves at least 2. I don't think he is clueless as the previous manager so the results will pick up. The blame should more go on to the board for not getting the targets or choosing players with 0 pace. Let's see what Jan brings, it better be good.

So the board chooses the players and Koeman evidently does nothing tactically so....what exactly does he do?

It is his fault that the squad is unbalanced.

So the board chooses the players and Koeman evidently does nothing tactically so....what exactly does he do?

It is his fault that the squad is unbalanced.

It appears he is happy being shielded behind a DOF. It's good that they have the long term vision that helps lose the clearing out of players when you change managers, but gives the excuse to the incumbent, 'they haven't got what i want'.

Tactically it is down to him to put 11 players out on the pitch that we have at the moment and win matches. So both parts have failed. (At least up until now) We just have to learn how to play with a slow team that has a lack of width, we struggled to learn that while being crushed by top teams. The city result proves we can defend. (although helped by the red card)

Agree with complaints about knee jerking but then knee jerk yourself and ask for a new manager, hmm.

Knee jerking is changing your opinion as often as you change your underpants based on very little....like a short period of crap form or a bad loss.

So, no, I'm not knee jerking. I don't like the manager and don't believe he will achieve much and would much prefer we went a different route.

My post explains this if you had read it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.