New Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
The RS brought back a washed up Dalglish a few years ago after Hodgson had them rotting away in midtable. West Ham brought in Moyes for a few months before sorting themselves out with Pellegrini. We brought in Fat Sam for a short period.

I'd have no problem with Moyes coming in and sorting us out for a few months. There's no need for the melodrama that will be seen and heard from some quarters of our fan base should Moyes be appointed. I think the melodrama will be more embarrassing than the appointment tbh.

The RS brought back a washed up Dalglish a few years ago after Hodgson had them rotting away in midtable. West Ham brought in Moyes for a few months before sorting themselves out with Pellegrini. We brought in Fat Sam for a short period.

I'd have no problem with Moyes coming in and sorting us out for a few months. There's no need for the melodrama that will be seen and heard from some quarters of our fan base should Moyes be appointed. I think the melodrama will be more embarrassing than the appointment tbh.
NEVER GO BACKWARDS _ remember HK mk 1 & 2........it never works.......

People actually wanting Moyes to get the job is embarrassing mate. He is finished.

People actually wanting Moyes to get the job is embarrassing mate. He is finished.

It's not that embarrassing at all. Not if its on a temporary basis. It's not as embarrassing as our current league position, and it would be no less embarrassing than the RS bringing back Dalglish.

I'm all for appointing one of those managers that are guaranteed to bring success, but having Moyes come in and sort things out to avoid relegation is far less embarrassing than continuing with Silva.

It's not that embarrassing at all. Not if its on a temporary basis. It's not as embarrassing as our current league position, and it would be no less embarrassing than the RS bringing back Dalglish.

I'm all for appointing one of those managers that are guaranteed to bring success, but having Moyes come in and sort things out to avoid relegation is far less embarrassing than continuing with Silva.
Would be such a waste appointing him till the end of the season considering we're not even in a relegation battle. In the bottom three and still only 5 points from 7th. Silva not the man but neither is Moyes, sick of people bringing him up.

Would be such a waste appointing him till the end of the season considering we're not even in a relegation battle. In the bottom three and still only 5 points from 7th. Silva not the man but neither is Moyes, sick of people bringing him up.
We are currently in a relegation place. If we finish the season in 18th then it's no good saying we were only 5 points from safety. The table and our form don't lie. We're absolute garbage under silva.

In his last season at Everton Moyes got 63 points in the league.

This was his joint 2nd highest points total. Highest being 65 in 07/08 I think.

The football was also very good at times. On a par with the 07-09 team (moyes’ best For me).

I don’t think he ran out of steam. He always had his limitations but I think that was largely to do with the transfer budget he had.

Again, not sure I’d want him back here but a lot of mistruths have been spoken about him since he left.
Liverpool was in a "down" phase that year, and 6th place was still 9 off 5th. Essentially, he did exactly what everyone does, helped us be "best of the rest"

he hasn't been relevant in 10 years

giphy.gif

it would be more direct if you said "I agree with the managerial decisions of the past 5 years." New manager, poor fit, fire him, interim. Rinse, repeat. No wonder we've been running in place

Status
Not open for further replies.