New In-House Ticket Re-Sale Platform (no more StubHub!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes
Lots of unobstructed reseale seats are available. (about 30 in my section onbTB2 alone)

Unfortunately, as others have said its not immediately obvious where to find them.

When you go to the ticketing page (on mobile) there is a dropdown menu and you can select Resale tickets. (not 'resell my ticket' adjacent)

In the desctop site it's towards the right/centre of the sub menu on the ticketing page.

You click on the area of the ground you want and you can see what's available. (and a seat view is shown)

The system works, but it's really bad if a lot of people need to be guided through it. It needs to be intuitive.
I will be waiting until the resale go up for game im over for next month. Checked last night and loads for Burnley still . I hope these sell and ground is full. If not the club need to look at changing the system to a similar sale model to SH. Grounds need to be full and season ticket holders need their tickets used.
I would not have found it on the site only for the help on here

Yes

I will be waiting until the resale go up for game im over for next month. Checked last night and loads for Burnley still . I hope these sell and ground is full. If not the club need to look at changing the system to a similar sale model to SH. Grounds need to be full and season ticket holders need their tickets used.
I would not have found it on the site only for the help on here
Exactly, I'm not sure why the club feels the need to control the price.

It's my ticket. If I want to sell it for 10 pound surely that's my decision?

I wonder how many non-obstructed views the club has available for every game? Can't be many.

There are currently 575 're-sale' seats available for the Burnley game on the website! That's a ridiculous amount to be available so close to the game. If StubHub was still an option, the majority of these tickets would already have been sold for below face-value, allowing people who perhaps could not normally afford to attend a match to do so. This is just going to lead to empty seats on match day.

I have seen people say 'if you can't attend the game, just gift your season card to a friend or family member', but that's easier said than done. There are loads of season ticket holders who don't live local, and travelling to Liverpool on a Monday night isn't always feasible, and who perhaps don't know anyone else who is an Everton fan who would want to use it.

StubHub offered flexibility and allowed these fans to sell their ST for cheap (as was more than often the case for these midweek night fixtures). This allowed the seller to recoup a few quid on their ST outlay, the buyer to get themselves a decent view seat on the cheap, and Goodison benefits from an extra supporter in the ground. This new system offers no flexibility. Quite how some people think that this new re-sale platform is a good idea, or better or fairer than StubHub, amazes me.

Funny to go back and read the first page of this thread, and the near-euphoria that this new system (but mainly getting rid of SH) was welcomed with. The lesson as always...be careful what you wish for.

How about what’s fair for the club?

Why should they sell heavily discounted cheap season tickets, to then have to re-sell them?

We all want a Top 6 side. Look at match day receipts of the top 6 compared to ours.

To many people can’t see past their own selfish needs. Yes, I understand we can’t always get to games, but what if every ST holder wanted to resell 3 games a season? If 1000 ST holders decide they can’t make the Burnley game (a game that would never sell out as it’s Monday night against an unfashionable side & on Sky), that’s a substantial financial hit to the club.

Genuine question. Club sells 19 games, effectively 6 free. What is a reasonable/acceptable number of games to re-sell?

Why should they sell heavily discounted cheap season tickets, to then have to re-sell them?

We all want a Top 6 side. Look at match day receipts of the top 6 compared to ours.

To many people can’t see past their own selfish needs. Yes, I understand we can’t always get to games, but what if every ST holder wanted to resell 3 games a season? If 1000 ST holders decide they can’t make the Burnley game (a game that would never sell out as it’s Monday night against an unfashionable side & on Sky), that’s a substantial financial hit to the club.

Genuine question. Club sells 19 games, effectively 6 free. What is a reasonable/acceptable number of games to re-sell?

I don’t know why you keep going on about matchday receipts of the top 6. It’s a total irrelevance as we haven’t won anything since 1995 and haven’t been in Europe for nearly five years.

The demand is not there for £40 match day tickets to the tune of 40,000 every fortnight. That’s precisely why the club charges so little compared to a team like Liverpool or United.

The fact that Stubhub tickets went unsold for as little as £15 for some games highlights this.

You are acting as if the club is losing revenue by selling season tickets. The opposite is the case. They are securing revenue for the entire year at the start of the season.

If the club didn’t sell any season tickets they would make less revenue than they do currently.

I can't get to night matches because of family reasons. At the start of the season I don't know which games will be hijacked by Sky or BT . It might be 3 ,4 or 5. You think I should give up my ST ?
Other people OF ANY AGE may need to go into hospital for routine operations or they may be called in to work or break a leg and can't get to Goodison. Who knows ?
The club have been paid in advance for my seat whether I go or not. So they don't HAVE TO re-sell them as you suggest. Your comment that it's unfair on the club is bizarre.
The Burnley game will sell out or near enough. We've even sold the Upper Visitors returned by Burnley.

I don’t know why you keep going on about matchday receipts of the top 6. It’s a total irrelevance as we haven’t won anything since 1995 and haven’t been in Europe for nearly five years.

The demand is not there for £40 match day tickets to the tune of 40,000 every fortnight. That’s precisely why the club charges so little compared to a team like Liverpool or United.

The fact that Stubhub tickets went unsold for as little as £15 for some games highlights this.

You are acting as if the club is losing revenue by selling season tickets. The opposite is the case. They are securing revenue for the entire year at the start of the season.

If the club didn’t sell any season tickets they would make less revenue than they do currently.

I don’t know if you actually believe that or just convince yourself to justify your position.

The club discounts 25’000 tickets a week to the tune of 31%, only to find a large number of those discounted tickets being resold.

Why do you think you‘re entitled to a 31% discount for the 10 games??? you actually attend per season?

Just had a look at my Stubhub sales out of interest. These were the prices that the tickets sold for, except a derby ticket which I sold for face value:

£16
£15
£21
£16
£32
£20
£19
£30
£30
£30
£31.50

£23
£29.50
£24
£23
£22.72
£15

Every single one of those tickets would cost more for fans to buy under the new system. How is this better for fans?

That‘s 18 times you’ve re-sold your ticket.

Your “someone who couldn’t normally afford it” claims are clearly BS. On 7 occasions you sold for more than you paid. “Face value”? No. Face value in your case is your ST price / 19. Prob £27.

The club gives big discount, then finds itself in competition with people like you.

Genuine supporters find themselves with a choice of restricted view or buying a re-sell from some non-going ST holder.

Don‘t blame you for doing it, but I hope the club has wised up to it.

I don’t know if you actually believe that or just convince yourself to justify your position.

The club discounts 25’000 tickets a week to the tune of 31%, only to find a large number of those discounted tickets being resold.

Why do you think you‘re entitled to a 31% discount for the 10 games??? you actually attend per season?

I don’t get a 31% discount for 10 games. I get a discount for committing to spend £525 up front.

If the club resells my ticket I get back exactly what I put in but the club get that amount from another supporter, so they’ve lost nothing.

When Stubhub was still around it was exactly the same, except the club would keep my money and get a cut of the resale price.

That‘s 18 times you’ve re-sold your ticket.

Your “someone who couldn’t normally afford it” claims are clearly BS. On 7 occasions you sold for more than you paid. “Face value”? No. Face value in your case is your ST price / 19. Prob £27.

The club gives big discount, then finds itself in competition with people like you.

Genuine supporters find themselves with a choice of restricted view or buying a re-sell from some non-going ST holder.

Don‘t blame you for doing it, but I hope the club has wised up to it.

“Don’t blame you for doing it”

You seem pretty bitter about it to be honest. I like the implication I’m not a “genuine supporter” btw, nice one.

The average price across all those sales is £23, which is less than your £27 a ticket cost. Funny how you don’t use the average when it doesn’t suit your narrative…

“Don’t blame you for doing it”

You seem pretty bitter about it to be honest. I like the implication I’m not a “genuine supporter” btw, nice one.

The average price across all those sales is £23, which is less than your £27 a ticket cost. Funny how you don’t use the average when it doesn’t suit your narrative…

Average? Read the T&Cs of your season ticket purchase. not supposed to sell for profit.

You want all the benefits, but want someone else to cover you when you decide you ca make it.

Cake & eat it.

Kopite behaviour.

Glad the club has wised up.

Average? Read the T&Cs of your season ticket purchase. not supposed to sell for profit.

You want all the benefits, but want someone else to cover you when you decide you ca make it.

Cake & eat it.

Kopite behaviour.

Haha :)

Having nothing else to do with your weekends doesn’t make you a better supporter than people who resell their ticket from time to time. I know you might struggle with that concept.

Cake & eat it.

Kopite behaviour.

“Glad the club has wised up”? Mate, you do realise that this new re-sale system doesn’t benefit the club in any way shape or form don’t you? In fact with the money they are losing from their partnership with StubHub, and the additional costs of setting up and running the resale platform in house, means the club are losing money.

It is also a worse system for buyers, who now have no potential to possibly grab themselves a cheaper priced ticket for certain less desirable matches?

Your apparent hatred for both StubHub, and for season ticket holders who can’t attend every game is quite bizarre.

And the way you responded to @Brennan above is frankly bang out of order. I don’t actually think you fully grasp what the vast majority of people’s gripe is with this resale platform, your argument is all over the shop.

“Glad the club has wised up”? Mate, you do realise that this new re-sale system doesn’t benefit the club in any way shape or form don’t you? In fact with the money they are losing from their partnership with StubHub, and the additional costs of setting up and running the resale platform in house, means the club are losing money.

It is also a worse system for buyers, who now have no potential to possibly grab themselves a cheaper priced ticket for certain less desirable matches?

Your apparent hatred for both StubHub, and for season ticket holders who can’t attend every game is quite bizarre.

And the way you responded to @Brennan above is frankly bang out of order. I don’t actually think you fully grasp what the vast majority of people’s gripe is with this resale platform, your argument is all over the shop.

Thanks.

I’ve had the same seat for 11 years, been to plenty of aways when I used to have the time. I now live 3.5 hours away due to career/relationship, but apparently I’m not a genuine fan because I’ve sold my ticket 18 times in four years.

Bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.