New In-House Ticket Re-Sale Platform (no more StubHub!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eh?
Have you?
At what point did I suggest selling tickets at inflated prices ?

OK, I’m not clear what you object to?

The ST holder gets a full credit (what they paid).

The club sells the ticket at normal match day price.

I‘d say that’s as it should be. The fact the club will donate the difference to EitC is absolutely brilliant.

And IMHO, the club should set a limit on resales. I’d say 3.

I‘d say that’s as it should be. The fact the club will donate the difference to EitC is absolutely brilliant.

I said if the club kept the difference...

Why? Suppose someone who is a longtime season ticket holder ends up being reassigned for work on a short term basis to London, or somewhere in Europe where they can make more than a few matches a year. Is it really fair to ask this longtime supporter to either eat the cost of his tickets, and also leave a seat empty at Goodison, until he’s able to start attending all the matches again, or give it up knowing he’ll almost certainly never be able to get one again?

Your complete opposition to the resale of tickets baffles me. Coming from the US, it’s literally the only hope I have of ever getting through the door. As long as the tickets aren’t being resold at extortionate prices, it’s really a win-win for both the buyer and the seller, with nobody being harmed as far as I can see.

Why? Suppose someone who is a longtime season ticket holder ends up being reassigned for work on a short term basis to London, or somewhere in Europe where they can make more than a few matches a year. Is it really fair to ask this longtime supporter to either eat the cost of his tickets, and also leave a seat empty at Goodison, until he’s able to start attending all the matches again, or give it up knowing he’ll almost certainly never be able to get one again?

Your complete opposition to the resale of tickets baffles me. Coming from the US, it’s literally the only hope I have of ever getting through the door. As long as the tickets aren’t being resold at extortionate prices, it’s really a win-win for both the buyer and the seller, with nobody being harmed as far as I can see.
He just can't get it in his head that it's a good thing that the season ticket holder can recoup some money and the buyer can get cheap tickets.

So can't anyone buy season ticket seats listed for Burnley yet because it hasn't fully sold out yet?
Limited availability.
Screenshot_20210908-073827_Chrome.jpg

Whatever that means.

So having now come down with Covid I'm left with two tickets for the Burnley game I bought off general availability a few weeks back.

In the old days I'd have had them sold on Stub Hub for probably about 60-70% of the price (1 adult, 1 teen so not suited to everyone). As it stands now though I'm goosed aren't I?

And presumably with Covid protocols it won't even be possible to just hand them to a mate free of charge?

There's only a small handful of the worst obstructed view seats left. Looks like they're not releasing the resale tickets until the obstructed views are in their tens. Feel sorry fans who haven't got a season ticket having to pay full whack for them. The People's Club and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.