New Everton Stadium Discussion

Looks like a mash-up of the various buildings at Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències in Valencia. As beautiful as they are, they're not for Everton.
w190914_9180_moses-mabhida-stadium-soccer-2010_aerial-view.jpg

i got aroused at first glance..........yes i havent had it for a while.

It needs a blend of both mate, needs to suit the 'modern' Liverpool as well as havign a nod to the past there, what we don't want is soemthing that just clashes badly with everything around it - which merans a lot will depend what happens i that entire area of the waterfront and how it is designed, want it to stick out from the stuff around it but in the best possible way - not stick out as a carbunkle

Hope that makes sense... Guess what i am 'trying' to say is that we need a stadium that looks ultra modern but with a huge influence from the city and our past, guess thats why the people designing it will get paid a fortune though - to find the right blend

Yeh I agree I guess it's a wait and see for what comes first in terms of design: the stadium or the surrounding area.

For a less dramatic example of the Lucas Oil brick monstrosity (which looks like a 1920s automobile factory), this is Globe Life Park, where the Texas Rangers play baseball. Might be a better mix of classic and modern.

Don't focus so much on the inside, which obviously doesn't look anything like football seating. Consider the brickwork on the outside mixing with the modern steel and iron in the upper deck.

rangersballpark.jpg

stadium-aerial-wp.jpg

RangersBallpark.jpg

Who plays big dome in the first picture?

I'm not sure what I want out of a stadium. I love the idea of an industrial type stadium like lucas oil or like Chelseas battersea proposal, it'd be completely different from anything in the UK and look fantastic.

I've seen alot of people say they want it to look like art, and I'd agree, and the industrial type would fit that description imo. What wouldn't fit the bill is a stadium which is 2 tiers all around on the inside, or something like the modern stadiums in the UK ie: Emirates. I've seen bordeuxs mentioned but whilst it looks sleek - I think the simple design can get out dated. If you want art go for something like:

lead_large.jpg

The model is the 'art', unfortunately, as soon as the steel frame and roof is added, the model has gone.

We clearly are getting ahead of our selves here. This rumour of Lucas Oil stadium screams kopite imho. They are trying to mess with us. Personally im Not even convinced about Dock site.

The recent talk of the Lucas Oil being the blueprint (see what I did there?) was posted a couple of days ago by @Socrates:

It was all agreed a while back.

Everton's proposal was to revive the idea of a "football quarter" which was originally proposed for Stanley Park.

The plan includes a stadium, museum, shops, bars and restaurants as well as a hotel.

Peel have to re-jig their original plans which is causing the delay.
The reason for this is that Moshiri has "partners" that are willing to fund the whole lot. Not just Everton's part but Peel's too.
Peel are having to re-cost their side of the project and when they know how much it will take and the figures are agreed with the funding partners then an announcement will be made.

As far as the stadium is concerned, in the words of someone very close to it all: "F---ing awesome!"
Not just the best stadium in the country but an iconic building. Think Sydney Opera House, Guggenheim Museum, etc.
People will come just to visit the stadium even when there isn't a game. Hence the village theme to keep them there and spending money.

Source: Can't tell. Won't tell.

From another source (not too sure about this one): the stadium will be like Lucas Oil stadium but in a way that is sympathetic to the Liverpool skyline.

Make of it what you will people. I'm not going to justify my comments nor am I going to answer questions. Too much at stake.

It seems the validity of the info on the rumour is not 100% certain but presume it came from someone who has some knowledge of the project. Having said that, I seem to remember someone posted that there is a model that was on display in a certain boardroom and that it would blow our socks off. What we will be getting remains to be seen, but it now seems pretty clear it will be on the waterfront - and we can't ask for much more than that can we? :)