New Everton Stadium Discussion

Completely agree with you there, hence why I emphasised the inside of the stadium as not to keen on the outside myself.

Would love us to get something similar for the inside of the stadium as Dortmunds but for the outside something more iconic that sits like a king on the liverpool skyline.
I could live with that.

My ITK reckons this is our blueprint

yGN0KVd.jpg

no

I think the location itself does the job of 'spectacular' for you. The lightening on a stadium in a waterfront setting like that would give us a genuine statement.

Something like the Schalke stadium would do us.
I think you are right there...the location already adds a lot especially if the lightening is done well. I had a quick look at the Schalke stadium and have to agree...something like that should do it for us.

For a less dramatic example of the Lucas Oil brick monstrosity (which looks like a 1920s automobile factory), this is Globe Life Park, where the Texas Rangers play baseball. Might be a better mix of classic and modern.

Don't focus so much on the inside, which obviously doesn't look anything like football seating. Consider the brickwork on the outside mixing with the modern steel and iron in the upper deck.

rangersballpark.jpg

stadium-aerial-wp.jpg

RangersBallpark.jpg

Last edited:

For a less dramatic example of the Lucas Oil brick monstrosity (which looks like a 1920s automobile factory), this is Globe Life Park, where the Texas Rangers play baseball. Might be a better mix of classic and modern.

Don't focus so much on the inside, which obviously doesn't look anything like football seating. Consider the brickwork on the outside mixing with the modern steel and iron in the upper deck.

rangersballpark.jpg

stadium-aerial-wp.jpg

RangersBallpark.jpg
I quite like that, with the towers and all. Nice reflection on St Ruperts tower.
Personally I'd like a steel/brick/glass build.

We clearly are getting ahead of our selves here. This rumour of Lucas Oil stadium screams kopite imho. They are trying to mess with us. Personally im Not even convinced about Dock site.

Been on a night shift tonight. Spent most of the night looking at stadium around the world. Must admit I didn't like the Lucas oil stadium at first. But the more I looked at all the new stadia, the more I realised all new stadia looks the same. Same bowl shape same looking outside. In 20 years you won't be able to tell who playes at what ground from pictures.

Where the lucas oil is instantly recognisable. We need somthing unique, some that people will always know.....That's Everton. The lucas oil is a grower and I wouldn't mind somthing similar with out own identity leaning towards the city....

Desperately hope we get this stadium on the docks. It'll put us back were we belong.