New Everton Stadium Discussion

132223-8418639.jpg

/drools
Very nice, but utterly incongruous on the Mersey skyline.

I'm not sure what I want out of a stadium. I love the idea of an industrial type stadium like lucas oil or like Chelseas battersea proposal, it'd be completely different from anything in the UK and look fantastic.

I've seen alot of people say they want it to look like art, and I'd agree, and the industrial type would fit that description imo. What wouldn't fit the bill is a stadium which is 2 tiers all around on the inside, or something like the modern stadiums in the UK ie: Emirates. I've seen bordeuxs mentioned but whilst it looks sleek - I think the simple design can get out dated. If you want art go for something like:

lead_large.jpg

More arsed about location than design at the moment. Not sure why people wouldn't like a Lucas Oil/Ibrox style stadium though; may not suit the projected image Liverpool want of the docks but it sure as Hell suits the North West and our heritage to me.

More arsed about location than design at the moment. Not sure why people wouldn't like a Lucas Oil/Ibrox style stadium though; may not suit the projected image Liverpool want of the docks but it sure as Hell suits the North West and our heritage to me.
Indeed, the location is everything. Get that right, I might lick your granny myself.

It needs a blend of both mate, needs to suit the 'modern' Liverpool as well as havign a nod to the past there, what we don't want is soemthing that just clashes badly with everything around it - which merans a lot will depend what happens i that entire area of the waterfront and how it is designed, want it to stick out from the stuff around it but in the best possible way - not stick out as a carbunkle

Hope that makes sense... Guess what i am 'trying' to say is that we need a stadium that looks ultra modern but with a huge influence from the city and our past, guess thats why the people designing it will get paid a fortune though - to find the right blend

Indeed, the location is everything. Get that right, I might lick your granny myself.

The location will be docks mate, one thing Moshiri WONT do is miss an opportunity like we did with KD - he is far too prudent and switched on to go for the short term easy option. (He wanted that then really he'd never even have gotten involved with the club in the mess we where in)

I'm not sure what I want out of a stadium. I love the idea of an industrial type stadium like lucas oil or like Chelseas battersea proposal, it'd be completely different from anything in the UK and look fantastic.

I've seen alot of people say they want it to look like art, and I'd agree, and the industrial type would fit that description imo. What wouldn't fit the bill is a stadium which is 2 tiers all around on the inside, or something like the modern stadiums in the UK ie: Emirates. I've seen bordeuxs mentioned but whilst it looks sleek - I think the simple design can get out dated. If you want art go for something like:

lead_large.jpg

.....I suspect fans would get very wet and cold watching their footy in that stadium in the depths of winter.

Everyone's getting too caught up with the stadium look, me personally think we should be more thinking about the thousand foot high statue of Dixie which will span the Mersey collossus of Rhodes style. With laser beams shooting from his eyes on matchdays to light the stadium instead of floodlights!
Just copy the one outside Goodison & give him a Glowing ball...it'll be like a second Sun.

Get that right, I might lick your granny myself.
I'll get you a shovel...