New Everton Stadium Discussion

I thought it would just be the angle, and I had a flick through some of the drone vids from yesterday to find an alternate angle - but @SLAVEN BILIC is right.

There’s something funky going on.

View attachment 249928View attachment 249929
Doesn't look right this. Even if it's planned I'm not sure it's a good idea to have something so blatant ruining the overall finish and appearance of the barrel roof section.

Be interesting to see what happens with this.

I thought it would just be the angle, and I had a flick through some of the drone vids from yesterday to find an alternate angle - but @SLAVEN BILIC is right.

Wonder if the sections are more or less unique to their place on the barrel and these two have a defect requiring the outer facade to be sent back so they’ve installed the frame anyway so as to not hold up progress.
Those look like the they should have the ‘stripe’ effect on them, perhaps they had the wrong finish applied.

Good lad. That's how you get quality pics. My wife always wonders why I get so many great photos when we're away. It's because I take loads and sort the wheat from the chaff later.

Unfortunately it means that of all the brilliant photos I have, I'm not in any of them. If it was up to my wife we'd have about 13 photos of the last 10 years and most of them would have the back of my head in or half of me in frame 🤣🤦‍♂️
I prefer it that way tbh.
I actually tell people I legally own my own image rights and if they photograph me they have to pay me £25 per picture and £200 if they intend publishing it anywhere. Happy to say I've avoided almost all cameras for a good 15yrs now 😂😂😂😂

Wonder if the sections are more or less unique to their place on the barrel and these two have a defect requiring the outer facade to be sent back so they’ve installed the frame anyway so as to not hold up progress.
Those look like the they should have the ‘stripe’ effect on them, perhaps they had the wrong finish applied.
Yeah, that’s possible I guess.

We’ll know soon enough, as more goes on, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s related to signage / lighting as others have suggested.

Yeah, that’s possible I guess.

We’ll know soon enough, as more goes on, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s related to signage / lighting as others have suggested.

Wouldn't be the first time someone's put the wrong piece of wallpaper up.

Looks a bit like a serif.... could be the slowest sponsor reveal of all time.

If I was to take a stab in the dark to what it is, I would say it's either to allow more natural light in so maintenance etc. can work in the area a bit more comfortably. Or could it be we are getting another representation of Leitch crosses on the side of the building? This one more in the shape of the upper bullens hoardings.

If I was to take a stab in the dark to what it is, I would say it's either to allow more natural light in so maintenance etc. can work in the area a bit more comfortably. Or could it be we are getting another representation of Leitch crosses on the side of the building? This one more in the shape of the upper bullens hoardings.
Interesting that is does seem to line up with the top of the maintenance tower there...

As long as it's symmetrical in the end I'm sure it'll look good.

Took the little fella down earler for a nose.
He took this...
View attachment 249907
Loved the ripple effect of the reflection, said its looks like the windows are dancing 💙

I love the rippling effect of the water on the glass.

It's one of a number of things which show how much work and planning has gone into creating a really spectacular stadium, and not just a generic concrete and steel bowl.

I'm up for the Burnley game next month for the first time in 12 months, I can't wait to swing by and have a look.

At the time of announcing the reduced capacity, the club made a big point that the capacity could be bolstered by safe-standing if new legislation was introduced in the future. In fact, in the original drawings these areas were given larger treads to facilitate that. At some point in the process, they went back to the standard 750mm.

350mm is required for a standing tread. The rail seats take up 50mm, leaving enough for two rows of people, expected to be standing offset on each row.

It would have been different if the seats took more space like they do on some systems.

Interesting that is does seem to line up with the top of the maintenance tower there...

As long as it's symmetrical in the end I'm sure it'll look good.

You can see in this video, the diagonal bar is created by less perforations. Now that might be hiding some kind of framework behind, but why feel the need to do anything with it then? It would show through regardless just a bit fainter. Seems like a deliberate choice and we will be getting a cross bracing pattern stamped in.

There will be a News Ticker that travels along the length of the West Roof barrel, that just constantly displays . "Birkenhead Stinks" on a rolling banner.

You can see in this video, the diagonal bar is created by less perforations. Now that might be hiding some kind of framework behind, but why feel the need to do anything with it then? It would show through regardless just a bit fainter. Seems like a deliberate choice and we will be getting a cross bracing pattern stamped in.

Good find.

Screenshot:

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 12.52.38.png

That's so clearly and obviously very different up close, isn't it? Not even round holes.