New Everton Stadium Discussion

Somebody f'd up somewhere
I know that cladding firm that went bust was the one that did the brick-portion metal cladding... but this totally different pattern is making my eye twitch with a bit of worry.

Like that fella you met down the pub who says he can replace your windows for a quarter of the price you've been quoted and they'll look 'just as good.'

I'm sure it's all part of the plan and it'll look fine when it's all done... but there's a bit of me just a tad concerned. 😬

I know that cladding firm that went bust was the one that did the brick-portion metal cladding... but this totally different pattern is making my eye twitch with a bit of worry.

Like that fella you met down the pub who says he can replace your windows for a quarter of the price you've been quoted and they'll look 'just as good.'

I'm sure it's all part of the plan and it'll look fine when it's all done... but there's a bit of me just a tad concerned. 😬

It's a design feature for sure, we just have to wait to see what it will end up being. As you previously said as long as it looks symmetrical and doesn't detract from the wider stripe element it should be fine.

It's a design feature for sure, we just have to wait to see what it will end up being. As you previously said as long as it looks symmetrical and doesn't detract from the wider stripe element it should be fine.
I've heard it's going to be a giant cross that is lit up from behind to display England's new bi-sexual woke Cross of St George. Changed the designs last week when they saw the new kit.

So I decided to take a detour home from Formby Point yesterday, I’ve not been to the ground, not seen it from a distance even. To say I was blown away would be an understatement! This club has been getting a lot wrong over the last couple of years, but if we can capitalise on this unbelievable stadium we might just start to see some green shoots. Gutted I left it so long.

There are minimum concourse areas for a given capacity. I haven't checked how tight the upper concourse is in that regard.... but know that it wraps around the the west and North stand too, so it might be ok. Of course it also depends on if they would want to lose another 8000 seats to gain 3-4k on capacity.
But would the tread depths, sight lines, stand rake allow it in the upper section?

Could be mistaken but I am sure I had seen in the plans, they planned to have advertising in this area, could be that if they are then the light will shine through to advertise in this area?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240325_143102_All PDF Reader.jpg
    Screenshot_20240325_143102_All PDF Reader.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 1

350mm is required for a standing tread. The rail seats take up 50mm, leaving enough for two rows of people, expected to be standing offset on each row.

It would have been different if the seats took more space like they do on some systems.
Yes, but that is the absolute minimum and there a spacial requirement for ease of movement etc which when factored in can then reduce the ratio.

But would the tread depths, sight lines, stand rake allow it in the upper section?

I believe the treads are the same in the upper (although they'll probably be rail seats in the lower section).

I've never run the upper tier through a sightline modeller, so I can't say either way tbh. Suffice to say, you generally need higher c-values for standing as the range in people's heights is greater for standing than when seated.