New Everton Stadium Discussion

I don’t think the ratio will ever get beyond 1.1:5 in this country so they’ve probably done the right thing.

Do you have any idea if the upper section of the South stand could ever be converted to standing?

There are minimum concourse areas for a given capacity. I haven't checked how tight the upper concourse is in that regard.... but know that it wraps around the the west and North stand too, so it might be ok. Of course it also depends on if they would want to lose another 8000 seats to gain 3-4k on capacity.

For some reason…?

At the time of announcing the reduced capacity, the club made a big point that the capacity could be bolstered by safe-standing if new legislation was introduced in the future. In fact, in the original drawings these areas were given larger treads to facilitate that. At some point in the process, they went back to the standard 750mm.

They are all like that with half of the panel being more transparent to create a pattern. I'm not sure why that one looks so much more transparent but could just be a trick of the light. It's so that you can slightly see through to the steel construction below anyway. They didn't want it completely hidden.

View attachment 249895

View attachment 249896
I thought it would just be the angle, and I had a flick through some of the drone vids from yesterday to find an alternate angle - but @SLAVEN BILIC is right.

There’s something funky going on.

IMG_9961.jpeg
IMG_9962.jpeg

it looks deliberate whatever the reason. I cant recall any of the renders showing a more transparent strip but cant say I was looking for it either.
I’m probably talking crap, but I’m going with lighting. There looks like there are 3 big square brackets off to the right when looking at that pic. Though again, they could possibly be tower scaffolding?

Tbf he did take about 200 😂
Good lad. That's how you get quality pics. My wife always wonders why I get so many great photos when we're away. It's because I take loads and sort the wheat from the chaff later.

Unfortunately it means that of all the brilliant photos I have, I'm not in any of them. If it was up to my wife we'd have about 13 photos of the last 10 years and most of them would have the back of my head in or half of me in frame 🤣🤦‍♂️