New Everton Stadium Discussion

The German stadia tend to have larger treads 800-900+mm. For some reason, we opted for just 750mm in GA areas, which is the bare minimum for 2 steps and according to the
The German stadia tend to have larger treads 800-900+mm. For some reason, we opted for just 750mm in GA areas, which is the bare minimum for 2 steps and according to the green guide only yields enough space for 1.3-1.5:1 ratio (depending on seat width, which again is at the minimum). So yes, they're could be a small uplift in those safestanding areas if legislation changes, but not as a high a ratio as in many German stadia.

green guide only yields enough space for 1.3-1.5:1 ratio (depending on seat width, which again is at the minimum). So yes, they're could be a small uplift in those safestanding areas if legislation changes, but not as a high a ratio as in many German stadia.
I don’t think the ratio will ever get beyond 1.1:5 in this country so they’ve probably done the right thing.

Do you have any idea if the upper section of the South stand could ever be converted to standing?

Won't be popular this but after seeing the other side of the park yesterday, I think the first ever game at BM should be something similar.

Everton Legends Vs someone, give some of our greatest even a few minutes to sprinkle some of the old magic into the new ground.

Even if the likes of Nev etc only have 5 minutes. There's plenty of players who would be up for it and are still active.

It would be a great day for the fans and no worries about losing as the result doesn't really matter.

Better than playing Barca or something and the first ever game there being an Everton defeat.
I can’t personally get enthusiastic about a gang of pensioners playing walking footy, and I’d like to look forward in the new ground not backwards as it includes the last 35 years of absolute turd

Why are there 2 transparent panels?
IMG_9779.jpeg

Why are there 2 transparent panels?View attachment 249883
They are all like that with half of the panel being more transparent to create a pattern. I'm not sure why that one looks so much more transparent but could just be a trick of the light. It's so that you can slightly see through to the steel construction below anyway. They didn't want it completely hidden.

1711298407840.png

1711298423330.png

They are all like that with half of the panel being more transparent to create a pattern. I'm not sure why that one looks so much more transparent but could just be a trick of the light. It's so that you can slightly see through to the steel construction below anyway. They didn't want it completely hidden.

View attachment 249895

View attachment 249896

Not sure why but that second pics looks incredible.