New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yes, but the Leitch design could be said to be a part of the 'long nineteeth century' prior to the First World War and before a modernist era kicks in with movements like art deco making their impact.

The overall design at the new stadium is an issue for me: a hybrid of the industrial and conceptual (the 'wave') with a nod to Goodison Park thrown in.

I've been consistent in saying it's a dogs breakfast.

It's the location that makes this stadium worthy of the club. That's always been the case. It WILL be a massive statement by the club, but it should never have been so aesthetically poor.
The first world war was the 20th century...or have you changed what that is called as well?

Hoping you’re right Tommy. Driving there is our only feasible option so need to park up somewhere. I won’t mind paying for it if needed.
IMG_0874.jpg

The one I mentioned before, one of many that will pop up

View attachment 206822
The one I mentioned before, one of many that will pop up

I suspect by the time we move in there will be loads around. It's not as if there is no dereliction around there is it? Add in the number of businesses that will offer parking for mid week games and some for Saturday games, I think we'll be fine. Like around Old Trafford and Wembley.

An Everton fan posted a picture of an obstructed seat for a stadium from 2011 and it’s gone viral. It’s literally no where near getting seats put in yet.

It’s gone viral and even Chris Kamara commented on it. Absolutely no shame in how people try to get internet likes. If you’re on here you’re an absolute bell.
Just seen it.

For Chris Kamara to also comment on it, considering he is supposed to be a football expert, is nothing short than embarrassing.

I expect nothing more from them, every paper are the same, in just posting / publishing absolute waffle and garbage.

There will be plenty of parking.

We have to drive as my dad is severally disabled and currently we walk from Baardsay/bodmin road to goodison and he still pays a bit for that later in the night.

There is loads of land around and if you were running a business there you would be stupid not to open it to parking on Matchdays. Easy money.

There will be plenty of parking.

We have to drive as my dad is severally disabled and currently we walk from Baardsay/bodmin road to goodison and he still pays a bit for that later in the night.

There is loads of land around and if you were running a business there you would be stupid not to open it to parking on Matchdays. Easy money.
Absolutely. If there is one thing we ain't short of around this part of the world it's potential for surface car parks. It won't be a problem parking nearby. I suspect what will happen is that the percentage of people who drive will drop and the percentage who get to the ground by bus and train will increase.

Absolutely. If there is one thing we ain't short of around this part of the world it's potential for surface car parks. It won't be a problem parking nearby. I suspect what will happen is that the percentage of people who drive will drop and the percentage who get to the ground by bus and train will increase.

It's like Wembley mate.

All that space around the stadium, local companies. Open up their car parks. Obviously its more expensive with it being London, Wembley, big events. But they do £10 or £20 a car and if they can get 30 cars in, its a nice bit of a boost just from renting the space out. Same will happen with the local companies.

There is a good amount of industrial land between the residential areas and the docks. No doubt there'll be a good proportion of that available for parking too. However, then it's a balancing act of if that number of cars gridlocks the few major access roads and stifles public transport and shuttles.

Wembley is probably an example of some of the best and the worst in terms of transport. The parking there is mainly intended for coaches. There are a few train stations serving the area and of course dispersal can be in all directions. Even then, dispersal by road can be quite laboured if there is over reliance on cars.