New Everton Stadium Discussion

This paranoia over lending is irrelevant.

I don't think it's paranoia, nor irrelevant. We're a long way into the build and external funding is still not secured, that's a fact, not paranoia. It was always the stated intention that a loan would be a major element of the financial model.

The fact that it hasn't been secured may suggest that lenders are less than confident that the club's numbers add up or that the lending rates are less than favourable (or a combination of both), again possibly suggesting that financial viability may be tight.

Presently, the project is entirely funded by "Bank of Daddy". That's OK while daddy's pockets are deep and his love unconditional. We have no idea if either now applies to our (absent landlord) owner. If the stadium is mainly an exercise in packaging the club for a sale, then if, when and how much of that debt is ultimately dropped onto the club/new owners could be extremely relevant to our finances post-Moshiri. Will it be Debt or a the ultimate philanthropic dowry?

I don't think it's paranoia, nor irrelevant. We're a long way into the build and external funding is still not secured, that's a fact, not paranoia. It was always the stated intention that a loan would be a major element of the financial model.

The fact that it hasn't been secured may suggest that lenders are less than confident that the club's numbers add up or that the lending rates are less than favourable (or a combination of both), again possibly suggesting that financial viability may be tight.

Presently, the project is entirely funded by "Bank of Daddy". That's OK while daddy's pockets are deep and his love unconditional. We have no idea if either now applies to our (absent landlord) owner. If the stadium is mainly an exercise in packaging the club for a sale, then if, when and how much of that debt is ultimately dropped onto the club/new owners could be extremely relevant to our finances post-Moshiri. Will it be Debt or a the ultimate philanthropic dowry?

You don’t have to type an essay to every reply mate.

People at LOR have said it’s fully accounted for.

You don’t have to type an essay to every reply mate.

People at LOR have said it’s fully accounted for.

Hardly an essay.... took me 10 mins to write. Obviously, each phase to date is fully accounted for.... even if that extends to completion (I think Moshiri last stated it's funded till the end of this year).... how much of that final debt ultimately falls onto the club? LOR don't have to worry about that.

Hardly an essay.... took me 10 mins to write. Obviously, each phase to date is fully accounted for.... even if that extends to completion (I think Moshiri last stated it's funded till the end of this year).... how much of that final debt ultimately falls onto the club? LOR don't have to worry about that.

The stadium is getting built and paid for and that’s all that matters.

It’s an incredibly profitable asset and increases the value of the club ten fold. I don’t like the comments making fans worried it’ll stop as we can’t pay for it etc.

On a separate note I actually like reading your knowledgable posts about goodison and our history on stadium moves so hope there’s not hard feelings.

Said it before and I'll get it again.

It's incredibly fascinating how they can build such a thing with such precision and speed. Not just this work of art, but your tall skyscrapers which obviously pose other dangerous risks.

It's also incredible how they can turn that water into land and then build a structure like this on it.

Said it before and I'll get it again.

It's incredibly fascinating how they can build such a thing with such precision and speed. Not just this work of art, but your tall skyscrapers which obviously pose other dangerous risks.

It's also incredible how they can turn that water into land and then build a structure like this on it.

Agreed, it’s a mega project wonder.

We’re lucky it’s essentially a brownfield site with easy access, it’ll definitely be finished before the due date.

Tottenham had the headache of being in London and next to their old ground. My mates a spark who worked on it and he said they literally tried to get every trades man to work on it when it was over due.

The stadium is getting built and paid for and that’s all that matters.

It’s an incredibly profitable asset and increases the value of the club ten fold. I don’t like the comments making fans worried it’ll stop as we can’t pay for it etc.

On a separate note I actually like reading your knowledgable posts about goodison and our history on stadium moves so hope there’s not hard feelings.

I don't think it was ever really a question of if Moshiri (USM) could afford to build it, nor if it could add value. These are pretty much a given.

However, whether or not it will be a profitable asset is dependent on that value increase, the final debt and the whole financial model that covers it all. A model that has thus far not secured a loan from any financial institution. That may be because of our precarious league position (although the initial search predated our relegation woes). It may also be because the prevailing interest rates shift those financial viability goal posts too far..... meaning the owner has no option but to take the hit. Of course, in the process we also lost USM as our bottomless-pit naming rights sponsor and those costs increased by 50%, if Moshiri is to be believed.

So yes, it should still get built, but there are still a few unknowns for the medium/longer term.

No hard feelings at all.... it's all valid discussion as far as I'm concerned. You (and others) may well have a far stronger insight into the financials.... I'm more nuts and bolts than pounds and shillings. If it has all been laid out clearly, I'm more than keen to be educated.

Re parking

Currently at Goodison their is lots of residents only.
I presume this is not going to be an issue around BMD?

In the planning docs, they are putting on-street parking bans in place around the ground on matchdays for what seemed like a pretty large area, someone with a better memory or the time to go over the docs again will know where exactly upto. Imagine there'll be alot of people getting ticketed at first unless the council advertise it enough