New Everton Stadium Discussion

Credit Suisse gone via a shotgun wedding of a Sunday evening. One less investment bank on the pitch, so to speak.

Given the nerves in the banking industry, where do these event leave the MSP or other investment proposals where these were to be a prelude to our being better able to secure funding from the markets to finish the stadium.

Can’t see banks being willing to sign any such funding deals over the coming period until the jitters hopefully settle. Inevitably unfortunate timing for Everton this feels like.

The Winslow is closed other than match days and the occasional hiring for a funeral. Frosts is busy from 9 every morning with the alcoholic community.
I would say 8am. Seen a fella drinking 2 bottles of Becks @99p a bottle then casually put his hi viz jacket on to go to work. There’s a crowd that drink in there from 8.30-4 every day and loads of other casual drinkers that keep the place going without getting too busy.

Credit Suisse gone via a shotgun wedding of a Sunday evening. One less investment bank on the pitch, so to speak.

Given the nerves in the banking industry, where do these event leave the MSP or other investment proposals where these were to be a prelude to our being better able to secure funding from the markets to finish the stadium.

Can’t see banks being willing to sign any such funding deals over the coming period until the jitters hopefully settle. Inevitably unfortunate timing for Everton this feels like.
We'll only get funding indirectly in return for an equity stake. I can understand market reluctance under this board, but given that it's more than half built now, I'm perplexed about why lending couldn't have been secured.

The Winslow is closed other than match days and the occasional hiring for a funeral. Frosts is busy from 9 every morning with the alcoholic community.
Yeah the frost will almost certainly survive , it’s usually full with a mix of RS and loads of away fans when they play and has been said they have their own regular crowd of day drinkers .

Lots of other pubs will go and a few relocate , I know the Wok was looking at somewhere near BMD.