New Everton Stadium Discussion

We back in the EU now?
We wrote most of their rules anyway ?

I seem to remember a similar question was asked many years ago and the outcome was at the time that the EU said it was illegal to favour local bidders.

However........I know from personal experience some Welsh Authorities insist on manufacturers being based in Wales....so who knows.

Blacklisting is blacklisting... and LoR have a poor reputation for it. No-one should be blacklisted for being in a union.

I agree that Blacklisting is a horrendous practice. Having worked for some fairly large construction companies n my time, I have known people both responsible for it and affected by it. I would be very surprised though if union members weren't allowed on site. I am pretty sure also that there will be known union representation on site.

I have heard and it is only second hand, that a request has gone in to LoR for specific Union accommodation and site offices for them, which has been refused.

We must also be sure to separate blacklisting of Union members, with the non employment of disruptive individuals who happen to be part of a union.

I don't know which is happening here and make no judgment without the facts, but of it is blacklisting as it used to be, then LoR have some VERY big fines coming their way.

The blacklisting I am talking about had sod all to do with whether they were in a union or not and was just down to them being monumental idiots once on site. As I said it was done by their fellow workers albeit supervisors.

You're talking about sacking on the basis of incompetence or poor reliability. I'm talking about blacklisting based on union membership. That's unacceptable.

You're talking about sacking on the basis of incompetence or poor reliability. I'm talking about blacklisting based on union membership. That's unacceptable.
Talking about not employing, not sacking. If they did get on site they inevitably scurried to the union with their grievance. In the end, the companies had agreements pre-TAR (shutdowns) directly with the unions which resulted in a much smoother process and no that did not mean making concessions to the unions, rather getting them to enforce the National Agreements they signed up to. Anyway, is it built yet?

Talking about not employing, not sacking. If they did get on site they inevitably scurried to the union with their grievance. In the end, the companies had agreements pre-TAR (shutdowns) directly with the unions which resulted in a much smoother process and no that did not mean making concessions to the unions, rather getting them to enforce the National Agreements they signed up to. Anyway, is it built yet?
I've just had a buzz down there on a scooter and can confirm, it's not built yet.

I agree that Blacklisting is a horrendous practice. Having worked for some fairly large construction companies n my time, I have known people both responsible for it and affected by it. I would be very surprised though if union members weren't allowed on site. I am pretty sure also that there will be known union representation on site.

I have heard and it is only second hand, that a request has gone in to LoR for specific Union accommodation and site offices for them, which has been refused.

We must also be sure to separate blacklisting of Union members, with the non employment of disruptive individuals who happen to be part of a union.

I don't know which is happening here and make no judgment without the facts, but of it is blacklisting as it used to be, then LoR have some VERY big fines coming their way.
If you haven’t worked in the industry then I don’t suppose you can realise what disruption one or two individuals can cause Jacko. You’ve obviously seen it yourself.

Yes mate and its more ticket sales they want, they probably dont care some dont turn up.

There's a funny arrangement with City.
When they bought the stadium, there was an agreement that the City Council will own it, and will have the takings from the initial capacity, tickets, food etc (while they were responsible for it) and they would sort maintenance. Cleaning etc. However, City have expanded on that, initially with the change into a football stadium, then with the first increase, now with the latest. City get all revenue from the seats added since CWG, without having to pay a penny for their maintenence. That's why even with all their money, they've never bought the stadium. MCC turn a blind eye cause of how much has been spent in the local community.

We wrote most of their rules anyway ?

I seem to remember a similar question was asked many years ago and the outcome was at the time that the EU said it was illegal to favour local bidders.

However........I know from personal experience some Welsh Authorities insist on manufacturers being based in Wales....so who knows.
Might be done on environmental grounds (as a work around) rather than purely favouring local for locals sake.