New Everton Stadium Discussion

Baz is my hero.
I spend more time here...
https://m.youtube.com/c/Barry1878 watching his videos over than anywhere else ?
Its astounding the amount of work that's been done so far.
Mind-blowing.

Btw, have all you fellas subscribed to Barry's YouTube channel?
If you haven't will you please?
He's doing God's work and needs our love to help him do more. Ta lids ??
Thanks so much @tommye really appreciate that

Average premier league attendance last season 52,739
Stadium capacity 53,400
Point made about corp seats bought in blocks back here: https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/new-everton-stadium-discussion.66451/post-9976087
Still begs the question would they get enough punters through the turnstiles to generate the sort of atmosphere we’re seeking. Equally if corporations hadn’t block purchased ticked would the seats be sold.
Makes me wonder if the corporations have links to the owners….

Point made about corp seats bought in blocks back here: https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/new-everton-stadium-discussion.66451/post-9976087
Still begs the question would they get enough punters through the turnstiles to generate the sort of atmosphere we’re seeking. Equally if corporations hadn’t block purchased ticked would the seats be sold.
Makes me wonder if the corporations have links to the owners….

Are they arsed about atmosphere? I know we're screaming for it in ours, but as along as they're winning things and signing who they want, I don't think it's really a priority.

Are they arsed about atmosphere? I know we're screaming for it in ours, but as along as they're winning things and signing who they want, I don't think it's really a priority.
I suppose not (the owners at least) but unfortunately we’re not looking like winning much for a while longer, so for us atmosphere as all we have hope for atm.

Average premier league attendance last season 52,739
Stadium capacity 53,400
It was brought to the attention about 2 seasons ago that Man City and West Ham work on tickets sold and tickets given away to schools etc rather than those that attend. So West Ham or Man City could have 40,000 through the turnstiles yet had 50,000 tickets sold/given away and they would state attendance as 50,000. Forget where I read it but it explained away the empty seats at said grounds

Not a good look for Laing O’Rourke.

Not great PR. Don't really see why this guy's so keen to implicate EFC rather than directing his ire at LOR but a statement from the club distancing themselves from it might be needed. Taking a moral stance and taking our business elsewhere would likely be costly, delay the project and also may breech contracts.
I accept that in an ideal world we would want to be doing things the 'right' way, but let's face it if we started delving into the business of football clubs looking for things that are morally questionable then I'm sure we'd find much worse than this. If Man City can be owned by a state that has a horrendous human rights record without any great scrutiny then I think asking us to be the workers rights police because we've engaged a market leading contractor who isn't playing ball with the unions is a stretch.

Not great PR. Don't really see why this guy's so keen to implicate EFC rather than directing his ire at LOR but a statement from the club distancing themselves from it might be needed. Taking a moral stance and taking our business elsewhere would likely be costly, delay the project and also may breech contracts.
I accept that in an ideal world we would want to be doing things the 'right' way, but let's face it if we started delving into the business of football clubs looking for things that are morally questionable then I'm sure we'd find much worse than this. If Man City can be owned by a state that has a horrendous human rights record without any great scrutiny then I think asking us to be the workers rights police because we've engaged a market leading contractor who isn't playing ball with the unions is a stretch.
It is a stretch. I'd imagine the club will steer well clear of this, however unfortunate it is.

There isn’t really anyone else set up to do the job in the North West so not much the club can do.

I’d also take this protest with a pinch of salt, have it on good authority they aren’t being exactly completely truthful with what they’re claiming.