New Everton Stadium Discussion

I have heard and it is only second hand, that a request has gone in to LoR for specific Union accommodation and site offices for them, which has been refused.
I had assumed there wasn’t a union convenor on site, which I though would be very unusual, but if the demo is more to do with dedicated site accommodation then that’s an entirely different scenario.
Probably a kopite rep looking to agitate if that’s all it is.

But as you said in a previous post, some are just disruptive for the hell of it. I am sure Ray won’t be wanting the fines he faced in 2019 or thereabouts.
Yes mate, precisely. Some people are disruptive without being part of a Union, they also end up not getting hired.

I know people who have been labour managers for a long time, and have had lots and lots of productive (and lots of unproductive) conversations with Union reps, and in most cases an agreeable compromise is reached. They do know though, through experience, who wont have civil conversations, so they avoid having to have them, by simply not hiring them.

The main thing that was unlawful about the historic black listing was that the companies involved kept a centralised list and actively prevented workers gaining employment with any of their competitors, without any knowledge, reasoning or chance of appeal. It seems the argument now is that they are using agencies to do that by proxy. The allegations are that agencies aren't putting them forward due to feedback at the request of the companies.

I had assumed there wasn’t a union convenor on site, which I though would be very unusual, but if the demo is more to do with dedicated site accommodation then that’s an entirely different scenario.
Probably a kopite rep looking to agitate if that’s all it is.

This is only something I have heard, and they may have an entirely reasonable issue to be making pickets for. If they have, good luck to them.

Yes mate, precisely. Some people are disruptive without being part of a Union, they also end up not getting hired.

I know people who have been labour managers for a long time, and have had lots and lots of productive (and lots of unproductive) conversations with Union reps, and in most cases an agreeable compromise is reached. They do know though, through experience, who wont have civil conversations, so they avoid having to have them, by simply not hiring them.

The main thing that was unlawful about the historic black listing was that the companies involved kept a centralised list and actively prevented workers gaining employment with any of their competitors, without any knowledge, reasoning or chance of appeal. It seems the argument now is that they are using agencies to do that by proxy. The allegations are that agencies aren't putting them forward due to feedback at the request of the companies.
Possibly, or LOR have sufficient resources internally from other contracts coming to a close. Who knows, but if I was working to a not to exceed then I would be very wary of who I employed ?

On a related note, its single figure minutes from the pier head on a scooter and the bike lanes down the dock road make it feel really quite safe.

Yeah, certainly add that to the mix. It will only be limited numbers but I can imagine plenty would take advantage of any electric scooters available. Do they still have electric bikes, as well? Will the bike lanes be open? I know the road will be closed a few hours before KO.

Not a good look for Laing O’Rourke.

FcwYpvnXwAM9Fhk

Ross Barkley spotted outside the new Everton stadium

Yeah, certainly add that to the mix. It will only be limited numbers but I can imagine plenty would take advantage of any electric scooters available. Do they still have electric bikes, as well? Will the bike lanes be open? I know the road will be closed a few hours before KO.
Would have thought they would keep the bike Lane open but will almost certainly get clogged with pedestrians

Would have thought they would keep the bike Lane open but will almost certainly get clogged with pedestrians
Do those scooters have bells? They should do. Anyhow, the bicycle lane is one of the most obvious I've seen (normally just different coloured tarmac) so if any pedestrian does stray into it and comes a cropper, for once at least, I won't blame anybody but the pedestrian.

Do those scooters have bells? They should do. Anyhow, the bicycle lane is one of the most obvious I've seen (normally just different coloured tarmac) so if any pedestrian does stray into it and comes a cropper, for once at least, I won't blame anybody but the pedestrian.
I take it you’ve never tried to drive down Goodison Road 2 hours before the game.