New Everton Stadium Discussion

I’m no expert either, but I’m sure a bank would have been funding a lot of this anyway.
Just guessing, 100mil Moshiri, 100mil usmanov/sponsorship
300mil bank. So Moshiri needs to find the usmanov money.

But let’s remember this is a suspension, I know some fans are like let’s get rid for good, but if this ends in Ukraine. And fingers crossed it does soon and sanctions dropped. What happens then

I don't see sanctions being dropped for several years. This is not a short term response.

I cant either. But common sense/knowledge has to be that he is the only thing/person connected to the club that could open loans of hundreds of millions to EFC.

Maybe there's another explanation and the banks will or have been persuaded to loan to Everton on the basis of its Kitbag deal?!
Not sure on his liquidity/ assets outside of EFC, but Moshiri may have sufficient to be guarantor, as actual debt will be on the club. An Everton with BMD is a valuable asset and the loan will be long term. Debunk my suggestions as you will, but not beyond the realms of possibility. As you say depends if banks/financial institutions will deal with Moshiri

No, I'm suggesting they might leave Moshiri in place for the time being while we attempt to find a way out of this mess.
I don't think there's any danger that moshiri would be sanctioned at any point anyway. There's no clear justification for it. Our issue is that usmanov is the backbone behind all our finances (or appears to be). So Moshiri alone is not wealthy enough to finance the stadium without usmanovs billions.

I don't think there's any danger that moshiri would be sanctioned at any point anyway. There's no clear justification for it. Our issue is that usmanov is the backbone behind all our finances (or appears to be). So Moshiri alone is not wealthy enough to finance the stadium without usmanovs billions.
He is not skint and would not be putting the money up himself

I'm neither an expert but can you see them just dropping sanctions in that scenario? Everything is a grey area
Seems like that
The guy who did the thread on Twitter about us closing our ground. First tweet said Britain will not be able to sanction Abromovic or Oligarchs for weeks, months or if at all

Attachments

• DB39CF2A-AF80-4E7F-B2F2-71B68AF157CC.png
    DB39CF2A-AF80-4E7F-B2F2-71B68AF157CC.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 74

Not sure on his liquidity/ assets outside of EFC, but Moshiri may have sufficient to be guarantor, as actual debt will be on the club. An Everton with BMD is a valuable asset and the loan will be long term. Debunk my suggestions as you will, but not beyond the realms of possibility. As you say depends if banks/financial institutions will deal with Moshiri
I wouldn't debunk any of what you say. You've probably got a better grip on this than me.

I must admit my head is gone on this.

I sense rather than know we are in big big trouble here.

I hope the optimists are more right than I am.

It's not hard to see the connections between the pair of them.

If there's a will to go after Moshiri the evidence is readily available to deal with him.

I've lost count of the number of people who've told me this is dead now. People I wouldn't necessarily describe as excitable types.

Unless there's a mad billionaire investor out there willing to buy a debt ridden club and fund a stadium build while keeping their fingers crossed the club doesn't get relegated in the next few seasons, then - IMO - this is done for.

Davek, please name your sources or at least give us some indication where they are getting their intel from.

Davek, please name your sources or at least give us some indication where they are getting their intel from.
I cant name people you wouldn't know. They aren't decision makers and they aren't high fliers, but they are in the industry.

The direction of commentary is all in the same bleak direction. I hope they're wrong, because no matter what people on here say of me not wanting this stadium it's far from being true.

I've lost count of the number of people who've told me this is dead now. People I wouldn't necessarily describe as excitable types.

Unless there's a mad billionaire investor out there willing to buy a debt ridden club and fund a stadium build while keeping their fingers crossed the club doesn't get relegated in the next few seasons, then - IMO - this is done for.
Surely you’re not still listening to theEsk

As far as i know the shareholder (Moshiri/whoever) contribution has already been made to the new ground - 100 odd million for the ground work to be financed and financing is secured for the build - its not been officially announced (though i know many online have said it) but the kite is its through conventional banking/finance routes.

Be very silly to fill a dock, do the ground work unless you knew you had the finance for the next phase really.