New Everton Stadium Discussion

As far as i know the shareholder (Moshiri/whoever) contribution has already been made to the new ground - 100 odd million for the ground work to be financed and financing is secured for the build - its not been officially announced (though i know many online have said it) but the kite is its through conventional banking/finance routes.

Be very silly to fill a dock, do the ground work unless you knew you had the finance for the next phase really.
Yes Everton/Moshiri have probably already put 150mil into the project

As far as i know the shareholder (Moshiri/whoever) contribution has already been made to the new ground - 100 odd million for the ground work to be financed and financing is secured for the build - its not been officially announced (though i know many online have said it) but the kite is its through conventional banking/finance routes.

Be very silly to fill a dock, do the ground work unless you knew you had the finance for the next phase really.
But it can happen. And years and years of delays like that at Valencia did happen.

Yes Everton/Moshiri have probably already put 150mil into the project

It would be very silly, to invest 150 mill and start a build unless you had a watertight contracts on financing for the next phase.

If you were building a house and started the ground work, foundations etc out of your own pocket - your solicitor wouldn't allow you (or would give the advice) to begin site work unless you had finance in place for the next phase or contracts signed for financing. I'm sure these lads have legal teams far more advanced then a high street solicitor.

Last edited:
And so it should be, if me sitting in a brand new stadium watching my team play is funded on the destruction of schools, homes and hospitals in Eastern Europe then I'd rather stick at Goodison thanks.

That is an awful thing to say, your building a loft extension, Moshiri is our owner and does not personally fund any of that crap your spouting.

But it can happen. And years and years of delays like that at Valencia did happen.

I thought Valencia gambled on CL participation and increased TV deal for finance that never materialised and were caught with their pants down - then struggled to get finance, through the banking/financial system.

It almost certainly was a ruse, but that was how it was sold to us and the authorities and given his connections to Moshiri, involvement in recruitment of FL and existing sponsorship deals I think it's fair to assume he was going to be all over this.

Various other manipulations/cash injections or changing debt to equity etc are all used to change the financial picture to suit..... but the point is that with Usmanov that facility was there and naming rights is/was always going to be a major part of the funding model. The loans themselves may even be secured on the basis of these, because we don't generate much (if any) surplus funds under our own steam.

The truth is Tom, is that none of us have much idea as to the extent of which the stadium sponsorship was going to affect us. If USM was nailed on to be the stadium sponsor, then even then they would have been subject to a fair market conditions audit. That fair market condition can only really be judged on the same criteria as what any other company looking to sponsor us would base their price on. If 3 companies value the market for it at £20m pa, then USM were never going to be able to give us £40m pa, it would probably be max of £25m pa or something like that, figures off the top of my head. That means to me that the pressure is on the club to find a sponsor that will pay the market value. if that happens then we're only down by £5m pa. I do agree though, that its isn't an easy market, not by any stretch.

Usmanov may not necessarily of offered us much more that others, it was just an easy win for them, one less thing to worry about. The equivalent of the little rich girl running off to her Daddy instead of working. We can potentially counteract this by recruiting a ruthless, proven team to bring in that finance, who don't even have Usmanovs number. I say potentially, because our recruitment has been less than ideal up to now.

I can't see it

All I can find on google is a news article from construction news with this about Laings

A Laing O’Rourke spokesperson said the contractor remains committed to the stadium project.

“We are deeply saddened by events in Ukraine and are doing all we can to support our Ukrainian colleagues,” they added.
So Davek was wrong? Colour me shocked? :coffee:

God bless.

The truth is Tom, is that none of us have much idea as to the extent of which the stadium sponsorship was going to affect us. If USM was nailed on to be the stadium sponsor, then even then they would have been subject to a fair market conditions audit. That fair market condition can only really be judged on the same criteria as what any other company looking to sponsor us would base their price on. If 3 companies value the market for it at £20m pa, then USM were never going to be able to give us £40m pa, it would probably be max of £25m pa or something like that, figures off the top of my head. That means to me that the pressure is on the club to find a sponsor that will pay the market value. if that happens then we're only down by £5m pa. I do agree though, that its isn't an easy market, not by any stretch.

Usmanov may not necessarily of offered us much more that others, it was just an easy win for them, one less thing to worry about. The equivalent of the little rich girl running off to her Daddy instead of working. We can potentially counteract this by recruiting a ruthless, proven team to bring in that finance, who don't even have Usmanovs number. I say potentially, because our recruitment has been less than ideal up to now.

Your right but it's worrying, if Spurs a glamour club in London with a top of the range stadium haven't been able to attract sponsors, it begs the question, how will we ?