New Everton Stadium Discussion

The only design that I saw for the CG, was North South facing, with an open South stand similar to how City's ground was a staged construction, but with raised temp platform rather than a secondary dig.
Everton never really considered any of that though and never commissioned any designs, to my knowledge, of that sort, it wasn't in their plan. That's why the City also explored a floating track and field platform.
A lot of the stuff that Joe Anderson said was bluster, a way to try and build a following behind the idea to make Everton seriously consider it.

The CWG stadium drawings were shown in the cross section comparisons. They are the larger cross sectional option for a larger 60k+ capacity. The only plan view I have seen are in the east-west configuration for a 3 sided arrangement with one temporary stand, because that is the only way an athletics track can fit on the site. I think there is only approx 210m from north to south site boundaries. An athletic track with perimeter would need 180-186m alone which leaves very little space for end stands. This article covers how it would've been different to what we have now:

Shoalway is dispatching a load now, looks like when it was moored it still had its load of sand. When this is done looks like it will be off again to pick up another load and business as usual.
To think this all started with us tracking Lukaku's plane back in 2014.

If Rom could see us now, tracking a dredger. He'd be so proud of how far we've come.

Hang out the bunting It's coming back out. View attachment 142211

3692099289_c4c94b76c2_b.jpg

Dredge on you magnificent floating cat litter tray... Dredge On!!!

The CWG stadium drawings were shown in the cross section comparisons. They are the larger cross sectional option for a larger 60k+ capacity. The only plan view I have seen are in the east-west configuration for a 3 sided arrangement with one temporary stand, because that is the only way an athletics track can fit on the site. I think there is only approx 210m from north to south site boundaries. An athletic track with perimeter would need 180-186m alone which leaves very little space for end stands. This article covers how it would've been different to what we have now:
It's mentioned on page 5 of the below link....

http://northgate.liverpool.gov.uk/D...ion.pdf&unique=1166800&type=MVMPRD_DC_PLANAPP

So the 2 main reasons then are problematic lighting (by way of the sun getting in to Goalkeepers eyes, a problem I have seen many times at many stadiums, and addition problems for broadcasting, both of which you would think there were design solutions to), and how close the structure would be to the hydraulic tower.

I think I speak for all Evertonians when I say THANK YOU Mr Dan Meis as this wouldn't have been possible without you.

Just a shame his full plans had to be somewhat scaled back.