New Everton Stadium Discussion

That’s certainly a useful comparison, but of course the new ground is at least a third larger, and rotated 90 degrees to how Goodison is presented there.

It will be a bit of a squeeze north to south, but if anything it’ll look more impressive for it - especially on the south, with the waters of Nelson Dock just a few metres away.
I have always found it odd that they set the orientation the way they did and didn't utilise at least some of the depth of the Dock for the pitch to be below ground level. I know people have listed reasons, one of which was lighting I believe, for why the pitch was rotated, but given apparent restrictions in building height etc, it always puzzled me. I'm sure someone in here with a better understanding of the technical reasons will explain why.

Let's go a little bigger...

View attachment 142081
20211011223349.jpg

Deceptive how big the site is really

Hi mate. I've seen you raise these concerns before. Here's an image highlighting how the entire goodison footprint fits into our new BMD footprint.

View attachment 142076
so we are just moving Goodison to BMD?? Result I say. We can then straighten out the main stand, proper messes with my OCD. Anyone for a running track too?

I have always found it odd that they set the orientation the way they did and didn't utilise at least some of the depth of the Dock for the pitch to be below ground level. I know people have listed reasons, one of which was lighting I believe, for why the pitch was rotated, but given apparent restrictions in building height etc, it always puzzled me. I'm sure someone in here with a better understanding of the technical reasons will explain why.

There were designs presented that made use of this, butbttey weren't accepted. The effect of sun on broadcast plays a bigger part than you would imagine, or maybe not....

There were designs presented that made use of this, butbttey weren't accepted. The effect of sun on broadcast plays a bigger part than you would imagine, or maybe not....

If we had won the commonwealth games bid.... it would've been east-west and no-one would've mentioned the TV broadcasting issues. It also would've probably been over 60k capacity.

Is it true the top 20 highest attendances ever on Merseyside have all been Everton games?
Everton's highest attendances in all competitions..

Everton's highest attendances for league games..

Liverpool's record attendance is 61905,their highest league attendance is 58757. Everton have had higher league crowds than that in the second division.

I was wondering - is any of the existing GP infrastructure (lattice for example) going to be relocated and incorporated into the construction of BMD? Even if it’s in a museum/display type of setting?

I was wondering - is any of the existing GP infrastructure (lattice for example) going to be relocated and incorporated into the construction of BMD? Even if it’s in a museum/display type of setting?
The only place for it.

I have no idea why people want to hang onto the past like that. The last thing I want to see on a 21st century statement stadium is a feature that will forever be looking back over our shoulder at the 19th century.

The idiot who came up with the idea of using some criss-cross brickwork should be thrown into the dock before it's drained.

The only place for it.

I have no idea why people want to hang onto the past like that. The last thing I want to see on a 21st century statement stadium is a feature that will forever be looking back over our shoulder at the 19th century.

The idiot who came up with the idea of using some criss-cross brickwork should be thrown into the dock before it's drained.
Looking forward to sitting on some lovely Bullens Road wooden seating in BMD.