New Everton Stadium Discussion

The only place for it.

I have no idea why people want to hang onto the past like that. The last thing I want to see on a 21st century statement stadium is a feature that will forever be looking back over our shoulder at the 19th century.

The idiot who came up with the idea of using some criss-cross brickwork should be thrown into the dock before it's drained.

….suspect you were part of the planning committee that tore down the Cavern for a car park.

To have a view doesn’t mean you’re right, anybody with a different view is not an idiot. To wipe out references to our past could be seen as having a lack of foresight. Once they’ve gone, they’ve gone forever.

I saw you lauding the new Moshiri era which is fine but I think it’s good to have links with our past at BMD.

….suspect you were part of the planning committee that tore down the Cavern for a car park.

To have a view doesn’t mean you’re right, anybody with a different view is not an idiot. To wipe out references to our past could be seen as having a lack of foresight. Once they’ve gone, they’ve gone forever.

I saw you lauding the new Moshiri era which is fine but I think it’s good to have links with our past at BMD.

Excellent post, having been going to Goodison since the late 80's (albeit as a very young lad at that time with my dad, my first memory being Cottee's debut hattrick) I love the nods to Goodison at BMD.

It's something to be treasured, not deleted. In spite of that no one can accuse BMD of not being it's own thing.

For all you dredging mystery fans...

There's a partial, though incomplete explanation in this article by Adam Jones on the Echo site as to why The Shoalway has been in Canada dock:

The dredger, called The Shoalway, has been tracked by some as resting in Canada Dock rather than pumping the fluidised sand into Bramley-Moore.

But there is a simple explanation.

The dredger is not used to collect sand from Liverpool Bay and the Irish Sea, which will then be used to infill the dock at Bramley-Moore.

So, while sand is being collected by a separate ship for that requirement, The Shoalway finds itself based in Canada Dock.

Which would be an explanation I was happy with... if The Shoalway were not, right now, out in the Irish Sea, presumably collecting sand...

Screenshot 2021-10-12 at 18.16.15.png

So what gives? Does it sometimes dredge, and sometimes get another boat to do its dredging?

Excellent post, having been going to Goodison since the late 80's (albeit as a very young lad at that time with my dad, my first memory being Cottee's debut hattrick) I love the nods to Goodison at BMD.

It's something to be treasured, not deleted. In spite of that no one can accuse BMD of not being it's own thing.
Are we gonna re-use the corrugated iron from Goodison, that’s been there as far as I can remember, until Moabite covered it.

There's a partial, though incomplete explanation in this article by Adam Jones on the Echo site as to why The Shoalway has been in Canada dock:

Which would be an explanation I was happy with... if The Shoalway were not, right now, out in the Irish Sea, presumably collecting sand...

View attachment 142281

So what gives? Does it sometimes dredge, and sometimes get another boat to do its dredging?

Superb investigative work Allan..I hereby now promote you to lead editor of the echo as you'd do a better job than that shower of donkeys do

View attachment 142281

So what the echo is saying is we have employed a dredger that DOESN’T collect sand? Sake Everton, sack the board.