New Everton Stadium Discussion

I never claimed it was an additional service route. I'm simply pointing out it's a third station within a radius of 1.5 miles to BMD.

Yes, there's areas which will have fans that find it harder than some to get to the ground. A new station would be great, but I don't think it solves the issues you've just highlighted either.

I think you're well off about the rail links not being better, but you're right in respect that buses need to be in place.

Other than reopening the loop line, I don't feel there's a solution to logistics for some people, in regards to rail travel.

Edit. it used to take me 7 minutes to get from Bank Hall to Sandhills Lane via Bankhall Lane.

Honestly, I think it would take 3 or 4 minutes to drive from Bank Hall to Sandhills, 7 minutes sounds insane. Great going though if you can do it.

That would be absolutely perfect. I'm trying to remember from the planning docs if that was one of the spaces earmarked for coach parking.

(By chance, if you look on Google Earth there is a train exactly at that point on the track)

View attachment 123543

That map seems off - it's showing the invisible wind factory just south of our new ground site, but I thought that was over at Goodison based on the comments Klopp made?

It was earmarked for a transport hub, new train station would be there if it ever gets built.
Building the station, which has a more or less fixed footprint in a site yet to be determined.
The hard part is the rail lines to bring in and remove the punters - where are you going to put them - how much will it cost?...and who will pay

Honestly, I think it would take 3 or 4 minutes to drive from Bank Hall to Sandhills, 7 minutes sounds insane. Great going though if you can do it.

Mate, it's 0.7 miles via Bankhall Lane.

Do I walk fast? Yes, but I suspect it's not freakish to be able to walk a mile in 10 minutes. Location factors apply, obviously, but once you cross over BankHall St, it's as good as uninterrupted to Sandhills Lane.

What engine have you got btw? Fred Flinstone? :p

Anyway, not here to argue how long it takes people to walk places. One thing I've not seen mentioned yet , and I'm aware that this is not a solution for everybody, but is a bus to Scotty or Stanley Rd not a viable option for a lot of people? It's a 1.2 mile walk.

Do I walk fast? Yes, but I suspect it's not freakish to be able to walk a mile in 10 minutes. Location factors apply, obviously, but once you cross over BankHall St, it's as good as uninterrupted to Sandhills Lane.

Anyway, not here to argue how long it takes people to walk places. One thing I've not seen mentioned yet , and I'm aware that this is not a solution for everybody, but is a bus to Scotty or Stanley Rd not a viable option for a lot of people? It's a 1.2 mile walk.
That is a pretty good pace, Olympic walkers race at around 6 mph and good amateur race walkers at about 7mph, so, very good pace.

My bad, 6 minute miles for olympians and 7 minute miles for good amateurs. Although I am getting on a bit now, I still regularly run 5k road races, albeit virtual ones at the moment. I am no slouch, but, I struggle to do less than 25 minutes which is a little over 8 minutes per mile.

On a clear match day at Bramley Moore, look to the north to witness John from Bootle’s full-speed arrival.

200.gif

This thread has desended into a walking competition.

It would quite literally put a glass eye to sleep.

lol

Tbf, I did say this a few posts back...

I do feel you need to recheck the definition of 'literally' though :p

The buses heading out to Bootle and beyond from town stop on one side of what is known locally as the Rotunda. Heading out to Walton and beyond buses stop on the other side. There are also some routes heading north easterly which stop on Great Homer Street by the new Notre Dame school. All in all there are options for people heading from town or Southender's and Wirralites to catch a buses to BMD. I'd say it is a 10/15 minute walk down the hill at Boundary Street to BMD. Possibly only 2 minutes for people on here who have competed at Olympic level. And anyone with sense would buy the abandoned Cunard pub on the corner and do it up.