New Everton Stadium Discussion

take hearts out of this for a minute (I really appreciate that is hard). NO-ONE anywhere in the world is going to commit too and start building a stadium, in the middle of a global pandemic which stops people gathering.

It will happen, but it's not budging til this this crap is all done & for me that could be 2022 & we all need to chill and not get sick in the meantime.

take hearts out of this for a minute (I really appreciate that is hard). NO-ONE anywhere in the world is going to commit too and start building a stadium, in the middle of a global pandemic which stops people gathering.

It will happen, but it's not budging til this this crap is all done & for me that could be 2022 & we all need to chill and not get sick in the meantime.

No offence mate but that has nothing to do with LCC being inept and not sorting out PP near 14 months after an application was submitted.

This isn't Evertons problem.

No offence mate but that has nothing to do with LCC being inept and not sorting out PP near 14 months after an application was submitted.

That's where I disagree FB - Yes they are inept (shock horror) but there is also an element of simply not being in a position to grant PP. They will have egg on their faces, if they grant PP for something that might need to change or be delayed.

It's not just about Everton here, it's the collective commitment to a stadium during Covid is bananas. There is also the three year rule to be considered. Why grant the PP early when we all know construction is going to be delayed, it's just causing another headache

That's where I disagree FB - Yes they are inept (shock horror) but there is also an element of simply not being in a position to grant PP. They will have egg on their faces, if they grant PP for something that might need to change or be delayed.

It's not just about Everton here, it's the collective commitment to a stadium during Covid is bananas. There is also the three year rule to be considered. Why grant the PP early when we all know construction is going to be delayed, it's just causing another headache
According to that latest ‘update’ they haven’t changed the timeframe from the project so they expect to begin construction in the first half of this year.

According to that latest ‘update’ they haven’t changed the timeframe from the project so they expect to begin construction in the first half of this year.

And I would be delighted if that the case, but...

Is there any chance of a stadium starting in the middle of a Pandemic that stops gatherings? - No chance IMHO

Is there a chance of Covid being finished by Q3? Also no chance.

I reiterate, I have zero doubt that we will be enjoying the weather on a Saturday in BMD soon, but anyone in the rationale mind needs to calm down, it doesnt start til this is all over. The only Caveat I would offer is if sense and good decision were the basis for football governance, we probably wouldnt have the industry as a whole, so maybe I am trying to rationalise the completely irrational

And I would be delighted if that the case, but...

Is there any chance of a stadium starting in the middle of a Pandemic that stops gatherings? - No chance IMHO

Is there a chance of Covid being finished by Q3? Also no chance.

I reiterate, I have zero doubt that we will be enjoying the weather on a Saturday in BMD soon, but anyone in the rationale mind needs to calm down, it doesnt start til this is all over. The only Caveat I would offer is if sense and good decision were the basis for football governance, we probably wouldnt have the industry as a whole, so maybe I am trying to rationalise the completely irrational

You do know that you don't build a stadium in a day right? We are talking 2/3 years down the line by the time it's ready.

It kind of is, but I wouldn't call it a problem. Hope you don't mind my 2p worth, but I'd say ignore the Dec 2019 date. The club submited major amendments in September some on the council's advice. It was only the end of October that public consultation was finished on those amendments. So we're talking 2.5 months the council have had the fully amended planning app, not 14.

The alternative could've been a planning meeting much sooner, and a rejection with the club being asked to make all these changes anyway. Seems to me you end up on much the same timeline either way.

It kind of is, but I wouldn't call it a problem. Hope you don't mind my 2p worth, but I'd say ignore the Dec 2019 date. The club submited major amendments in September some on the council's advice. It was only the end of October that public consultation was finished on those amendments. So we're talking 2.5 months the council have had the fully amended planning app, not 14.

The alternative could've been a planning meeting much sooner, and a rejection with the club being asked to make all these changes anyway. Seems to me you end up on much the same timeline either way.

It'd be later still if we had the meeting, made amendments then awaited a second appraisal, but I agree with your assessment.

So why did the people who wanted changes making, take so long to voice their opinions?