New Everton Stadium Discussion

And I would be delighted if that the case, but...

Is there any chance of a stadium starting in the middle of a Pandemic that stops gatherings? - No chance IMHO

Is there a chance of Covid being finished by Q3? Also no chance.

I reiterate, I have zero doubt that we will be enjoying the weather on a Saturday in BMD soon but anyone in the rationale mind needs to calm down, it doesnt start til this is all over. The only Caveat I would offer is if sense and good decision were the basis for football governance, we probably wouldnt have the industry as a whole, so maybe I am trying to rationalise the completely irrational

But while I appreciate your positivity, a number of us have seen it all before and seen the stadium projects fail, so its only human nature to feel negative about this one. Albeit this one is slightly further down the line than those got.

Although having said that I am over the moon that the other 2 projects did fail as if/when this stadium move does go through and is complete, it will be up there with the best in the world, whereas had the other previous projects gone through we would be playing in something between st Mary's and the etihad quality wise.

That's where I disagree FB - Yes they are inept (shock horror) but there is also an element of simply not being in a position to grant PP. They will have egg on their faces, if they grant PP for something that might need to change or be delayed.

It's not just about Everton here, it's the collective commitment to a stadium during Covid is bananas. There is also the three year rule to be considered. Why grant the PP early when we all know construction is going to be delayed, it's just causing another headache
I'll get there eventually (on topic) so bear with me...
Here in Australia they getting the preliminary publicity campaign up and running for the vaccine...and, with Govts everywhere...(of the more sensible sort, eg not the uk or the usa obvs) they mostly sing from the same bureaucratic song sheet.

And the chorus is...just because there's a vaccine ALL covid safe rules STILL apply, hand washing, the modern version of the old coughs and sneezes spread diseases, but above all - SOCIAL DISTANCING.

When in a number of years, The New Covid Normal is just normal, there will still be social distancing...but it will be regulated.
Venues that used to hold 300...and had, somewhere in a draw, a certificate to show it...fire regs and all that,
Will probably have a new Cert. of Capacity, issued under some new act or other.
...Finally gets to point - nobody is going to rush in and start building a stadium, let alone get PP when you don't know what capacity your new Stadium will be regulated to.

I've just been told that from 6pm the greater Brisbane area is in 3 day lock down...including masks, which we've never had to wear before - ever.

When PP went in it was a different world than now so different rules and requirements will apply, some of which we don't even know yet.

Very downbeat this

"Everton stadium development director Colin Chong has described the 'complex' project at Bramley-Moore dock and how the club have tried to forecast 100 years into the future when the stadium will eventually be finished."

I'll get there eventually (on topic) so bear with me...
Here in Australia they getting the preliminary publicity campaign up and running for the vaccine...and, with Govts everywhere...(of the more sensible sort, eg not the uk or the usa obvs) they mostly sing from the same bureaucratic song sheet.

And the chorus is...just because there's a vaccine ALL covid safe rules STILL apply, hand washing, the modern version of the old coughs and sneezes spread diseases, but above all - SOCIAL DISTANCING.

When in a number of years, The New Covid Normal is just normal, there will still be social distancing...but it will be regulated.
Venues that used to hold 300...and had, somewhere in a draw, a certificate to show it...fire regs and all that,
Will probably have a new Cert. of Capacity, issued under some new act or other.
...Finally gets to point - nobody is going to rush in and start building a stadium, let alone get PP when you don't know what capacity your new Stadium will be regulated to.

I've just been told that from 6pm the greater Brisbane area is in 3 day lock down...including masks, which we've never had to wear before - ever.

When PP went in it was a different world than now so different rules and requirements will apply, some of which we don't even know yet.

Indeed Degsy, that's one of my points (articulated better than me ;-) ) - reality is you cant start building a stadium for the old world, to live in the new

"Everton stadium development director Colin Chong has described the 'complex' project at Bramley-Moore dock and how the club have tried to forecast 100 years into the future when the stadium will eventually be finished."

What winds me up is that come next month LCC will have had 14 months in total to have gone through the plans including it being 5 months since the amendments went in which realistically were not massive changes to said original plans.

LCC are completely inept and its costing us valuable money and the city revenue the more they dither. Everton could have announced a naming rights deal with Uncle Uzzy right now had the stadium been granted which could have given us the FFP funds required to go out and sign a player who could take us into the top 4 this season.

Make no mistake their lazy incompetence is hurting the club financially.

Very downbeat this
The Echo know they aren’t popular with Evertonians and their primary focus is clicks, given that they’re a rag of a paper who don’t have any credibility.

RS fans give the Echo a lot more clicks than Evertonians do, so the articles in that rag reflect this.

Their Everton stories are all doom and gloom because they know RS fans love to read about our misfortunes. Contrast that with the RS stories in which everything is rosy and the Echo’s agenda becomes clear.

The Echo know they aren’t popular with Evertonians and their primary focus is clicks, given that they’re a rag of a paper who don’t have any credibility.

RS fans give the Echo a lot more clicks than Evertonians do, so the articles in that rag reflect this.

Their Everton stories are all doom and gloom because they know RS fans love to read about our misfortunes. Contrast that with the RS stories in which everything is rosy and the Echo’s agenda becomes clear.
Another nonsense empty story. It is not only the club building a stadium by the river. There have been / will be tens of billions invested in high rise apartments, hotels, offices, Liverpool one, tourist and entertainment venues and not a dicky bird of concern in the same context about those. Is global warming going to concentrate floods on BMD in particular? Sensationilist guff.

What winds me up is that come next month LCC will have had 14 months in total to have gone through the plans including it being 5 months since the amendments went in which realistically were not massive changes to said original plans.

LCC are completely inept and its costing us valuable money and the city revenue the more they dither. Everton could have announced a naming rights deal with Uncle Uzzy right now had the stadium been granted which could have given us the FFP funds required to go out and sign a player who could take us into the top 4 this season.

Make no mistake their lazy incompetence is hurting the club financially.
Seeing as the article states the plans were resubmitted in October, they haven’t had the final plans to approve for 14 months, they originally had plans that were designed to cause a delay which have been reviewed and returned to the clubwho then fancied around again with more consultation.

They were meant to be getting looked at this month but this has been set back again due to what’s going on in the world. The club know exactly what they’re doing here and that’s why they’ve kept shut, the council aren’t responsible for any delays.

I had a 4 week wait from the council planning dept and that was only for a change of usage to my shop, so anything of this magnitude is gonna take longer than that.