New Everton Stadium Discussion

Why on earth would it? You can interpret anything to mean anything if you really wanted to but take a step back and think logically and things start to seem a little less Scooby Doo like.

When would be an acceptable time for him to change it or should he keep it there until death? What do Roma fans think of all this?
He should answer straight questions on the stadium's status...he has cast a doubt over it and he kows it.

We, in Ireland , suffered as much as anybody from British colonial expansion but I think that we need to accept what happened in the past, learn from it hopefully, and move forwards.

I am much more concerned about the inequalities in the world today in terms of racism than what happened more than one hundred years ago.

If we put as much energy into rectifying what is wrong now rather than what was wrong more than a century ago it would be much more productive.

Slavery hasn't gone away, it still exists today... why not talk about that ?
History is ever-present. The way it's understood and framed informs how politics is done now.

He’s stringing Everton fans along and not clarifying any comments. I hope he has been dropped by the club and we’re now in business with someone with a bit more professionalism.

He’s also liking tweets saying we’re not moving to BMD.

This would be a good time to have a local paper with some good journalists to go out and find out the truth, but the Echo would rather do an article on 20 things that only scourers would say.

I suspect there might see a delay in the stadium myself, in a lot of ways it would be foolish not to delay, the Covid economic picture is only beginning to emerge, i think it would be reasonable for any business to pause and assess the global financial position and indeed there own in what could be a massive global recession. I say that anyalysing and locally appraising the situation.I think Dan may be a little bit frustrated by that would be my guess. As a fan i want it built yesterday of course.

I suspect PP will pushed back to the autumn now, given the delays of everything because of Lockdown.

No he shouldn't it's Everton's concern and ours only. The Club is the only party that should be answering questions.

He's cast a doubt over it only for people who analyse minutae of things they themselves deem relevent.
That's only true if you isolate this incident though. The truth is he has a history of hinting and teasing fans and using social media to engage with people about the stadium. People think he's doing that again now, but he's stopped engaging with them. Circumstantially, it definitely looks like he's talking about Everton. He might not be, but people aren't being neurotic here, he clearly knows what his comments look like and he's done nothing to dampen the flames. Either it is Everton related, in which case he shouldn't have tweeted it if he wasn't going to clarify, or it isn't and he's just enjoying the attention. Either way, it's not very professional.

Depends what is meant by 'not been paid' I suppose. If we haven't paid him for work that he's done and is legally owed for, that's bad. If we've said, look any chance you could waive your retainer for 6 months and we'll make it up afterwards then I don't really see a problem. I mean the players and manager are doing it. There'll be plenty of architects getting told their projects are scrapped and they won't be getting a penny at the moment, if he's just been asked to wait a bit longer for his money he's coming out of it pretty well.

A fairly usual payment milestone for Architects is “securing” planning permission. Maybe he has asked for payment ahead of LCC planning decision due to delays and club have said no you will have to wait. All pure conjecture really though.

No he shouldn't it's Everton's concern and ours only. The Club is the only party that should be answering questions.

He's cast a doubt over it only for people who analyse minutae of things they themselves deem relevent.

Disagree mate.

His twitter activity is very unprofessional - he knows what he is doing.

The club are having to PR manage it today (press enquiries), because he's having a sulk.