New Everton Stadium Discussion

Depends, could be approved with conditions, meaning work on design prior to start.

Could be one of the reasons it’s not been determined yet in that they are trying to keep the number of pre start conditions to an absolute minimum so works can start fairly quickly. Local authorities are just working to their own timetables currently so I’ve got contractors starting schemes at risk with pre start sign offs not being cleared or else workload would just dry up.

Disagree mate.

His twitter activity is very unprofessional - he knows what he is doing.

The club are having to PR manage it today (press enquiries), because he's having a sulk.

Agreed. While I've been impressed with his actual work, I've been unimpressed with his professionalism around this whole thing.
All the cryptic tweets etc reeks of attention seeking - as if he's worried we'll all forget about his involvement as the project moves out of the planning stage and into the construction stage.
Would bet decent money that he has an account here or at the very least lurks this thread refreshing the page every 15 minutes.

Every one had that kid in their class, the one that teases "I know something you don't know"...

It's a little sad that we have to go from celebrating the architect for a great design & engagement to now calling him unprofessional & childlike. He has brought it upon himself though & there was always a line he should not be crossing. If he also thought putting out a tweet would curry favour on his half when the fans have the clubs best interests first then he is mistaken.
If the club has made a decision that keeps the project going, aids the club but effects Mr Meis then you wont find very many fans at all that will back anyone other than the club. So long as he has been paid for his work or keeping within agreed contracts then i couldn't really care about the architect now.

Personal insecurity and social media can never sit well together.

I like Meis' design without it being stunning, but that's fine, you get what you pay for I guess.

But I'd run a mile from engaging someone who seems determined to put immaturity and poor judgement on public display.

It's a little sad that we have to go from celebrating the architect for a great design & engagement to now calling him unprofessional & childlike. He has brought it upon himself though & there was always a line he should not be crossing. If he also thought putting out a tweet would curry favour on his half when the fans have the clubs best interests first then he is mistaken.
If the club has made a decision that keeps the project going, aids the club but effects Mr Meis then you wont find very many fans at all that will back anyone other than the club. So long as he has been paid for his work or keeping within agreed contracts then i couldn't really care about the architect now.
Agreed, if Meis has a problem with Everton, either resolve it or make his grievance public but please no cryptic messages where nobody knows what is happening but theories are generated out of nothing and very often by those who would love the whole project to fall apart

No he shouldn't it's Everton's concern and ours only. The Club is the only party that should be answering questions.

He's cast a doubt over it only for people who analyse minutae of things they themselves deem relevent.
He's a divvy who's used his position to ingratiate himself with certain types of Evertonians. Now he cuts them adrift.