New Everton Stadium Discussion

We dont need a new stadium, we need to copy what they did across the park.

To be honest, if we fast forward to 2025 we will be where we are nothing will have happened.

We dont need a new stadium, we need to copy what they did across the park.

To be honest, if we fast forward to 2025 we will be where we are nothing will have happened.
20190317_184104.jpg

That doesn't answer the question though. The docks have been largely derelict for decades. If it was a potential goldmine then it would of happened before now. As for the cities you mention. New York, London and Dublin are horrifically expensive places to live with thriving commercial hubs.

Liverpool has traditionally been one of the cheapest places to live. Which means redeveloping a dock is going to be a risky proposition.

I would say Riverside drive going the other way out of the city is a much nicer area but even there properties struggle to sell for figures that would make BMD viable.
That’s a very short sighted post mate.

That’s a very short sighted post mate.

I am not sure how it can be short sighted when the Club are saying pretty much the same thing. The costs have risen and there comes a point when the project isn't viable any more.

This is about the future of the Club and we need to get away from the assumption that we are sitting on a gold mine. The only thing that matters is that the numbers stack up. We need to stop living in cloud cuckoo land and stop pretending that BMD is a license to print money. Peel were not even looking to develop the BMD at this stage until we came on board. So that should tell us all that BMD isn't some kind of cash machine for Moshiri, USM or even Usmanov.

We need to stop with the absurd conspiracy theories about motives for the move to BMD and look at the figures and make 100% sure that the Club is protected if things go wrong. The only thing that matters is that BMD brings in more than it costs the Club and that investment in the playing squad isn't affected by any potential expenditure on the Stadium.

One of the major reasons for the rotation of the site being as it will be is down to broadcasting. a new stadium wil allow a higher level of broadcast, even due to simple changes like gantry positions and accessibility etc. then you can look at the other factors, like emerging technologies and capacity availalble for their implementation. It may not make them turn up more, but it will make our ground more favourable when in consideration for other events.

Yeah, be interesting to know the specs for the stadium, I wouldn't be surprised if it is cash free. Convergence of 5G/fixed line is very much top of industry thoughts at the minute and I'd expect all outlets on-site to be fully connected.

from what ive heard and read the build is botched up...

im expecting spurs to have some proper teething problems

There was that report in some trade magazine not that long ago which kinda suggests just that.

Like you say You’d almost expect issues . Worth saying a mate of mine was down doing some work a couple of weeks ago and said it’s absolutely incredible and that everything he’s seen publicly so far doesn’t do it justice .

Like you say You’d almost expect issues . Worth saying a mate of mine was down doing some work a couple of weeks ago and said it’s absolutely incredible and that everything he’s seen publicly so far doesn’t do it justice .

This was in December and it looks magnificent. I've heard snippets about a leaking roof and other teething problems, but I am bloody impressed with it.

Yet, for the price that they have paid for the stadium then you would expect it to be magnificent.

This was in December and it looks magnificent. I've heard snippets about a leaking roof and other teething problems, but I am bloody impressed with it.

Yet, for the price that they have paid for the stadium then you would expect it to be magnificent.

does look great.

i liked the guys comment saying it feels like WHL, like a bigger version of WHL

It looks fantastic to be honest. I know it's been a troubled build and it's cost a fortune, but they've definitely shown ambition and done very well to sustain a good team throughout the build. That big home stand marks it out from the Emirates, which although impressive I've always thought a bit of a boring bowl?

Although all the London clubs have an advantage in that there's so many businesses there with massive corporate entertaining budgets. So they can flog countless premium seats, bars, meals etc. That's not the case in Liverpool and that's what worries me whenever I see these uber confident posts about how much money this is going to generate.

They will have doubtless costed all this out and done the projections etc. As long as the tv money continues to flow it should be ok I suppose. I just hope they've left enough in to put a winning team on the pitch, because no-one is going to want to pay top dollar to sit in a stadium that's half full of angry fans watching a sub standard team.

I am not sure how it can be short sighted when the Club are saying pretty much the same thing. The costs have risen and there comes a point when the project isn't viable any more.

This is about the future of the Club and we need to get away from the assumption that we are sitting on a gold mine. The only thing that matters is that the numbers stack up. We need to stop living in cloud cuckoo land and stop pretending that BMD is a license to print money. Peel were not even looking to develop the BMD at this stage until we came on board. So that should tell us all that BMD isn't some kind of cash machine for Moshiri, USM or even Usmanov.

We need to stop with the absurd conspiracy theories about motives for the move to BMD and look at the figures and make 100% sure that the Club is protected if things go wrong. The only thing that matters is that BMD brings in more than it costs the Club and that investment in the playing squad isn't affectec by any potential expenditure on the stadium.
You make fair, if vaguely unproveable 'yeah but what if' points, not quite opinion masquerading as fact...you may even be right
But good luck with that last bit...see spurs and arsenal.