New Everton Stadium Discussion

and they haven't fixed it, jeez

I havnt a clue how old it is, but as you are in that game, you know better than me that if you put crap in the guts, then cover over/finish, problems can and will occur. And occur. And occur.

Anyone who has bought a brand new house and suffered a snag list deffo will.

I havnt a clue how old it is, but as you are in that game, you know better than me that if you put crap in the guts, then cover over/finish, problems can and will occur. And occur. And occur.

Anyone who has bought a brand new house and suffered a snag list deffo will.
from what ive heard and read the build is botched up...

im expecting spurs to have some proper teething problems

The reason the docks are derelict is because the mode of transport for goods has changed
My late father worked on the docks in the late 50s and it was all manual labour , now it’s RO/RO and 40 ft trailers
Look at NYC , San Diego , Canary Wharf Dublin and tell me there is no money to be made
On a smaller scale look at Malahide Marina in north Dublin
People will want to live and work near the water and the city centre

That doesn't answer the question though. The docks have been largely derelict for decades. If it was a potential goldmine then it would of happened before now. As for the cities you mention. New York, London and Dublin are horrifically expensive places to live with thriving commercial hubs.

Liverpool has traditionally been one of the cheapest places to live. Which means redeveloping a dock is going to be a risky proposition.

I would say Riverside drive going the other way out of the city is a much nicer area but even there properties struggle to sell for figures that would make BMD viable.

The world's port cities are full of disued docks. I believe there are still piers in NYC which are still derelict. This is one of the world's top cities. Never really understood the "it would have happened by now" take on things. Seems to be a pessimists' mantra.

The world's port cities are full of disued docks. I believe there are still piers in NYC which are still derelict. This is one of the world's top cities. Never really understood the "it would have happened by now" take on things. Seems to be a Kopites mantra.
Fixed that mate

The world's port cities are full of disued docks. I believe there are still piers in NYC which are still derelict. This is one of the world's top cities. Never really understood the "it would have happened by now" take on things. Seems to be a pessimists' mantra.

Is it being pessimistic or just being realistic.

As you say the world is full of disused docks. The reason for that is that they are more expensive to develop. Generally they are only viable in areas with expensive property prices. It would be brilliant if we can pull it off but I think people claiming that BMD will be a license to print money are well wide of the mark.

Is it being pessimistic or just being realistic.

As you say the world is full of disused docks. The reason for that is that they are more expensive to develop. Generally they are only viable in areas with expensive property prices. It would be brilliant if we can pull it off but I think people claiming that BMD will be a license to print money are well wide of the mark.
The reason historic docks like BMD are lying idle is that trade is now mainly through deep water ports such as Seaforth .
Nothing to do with being more expensive to develop , as most already have good infrastructure as seen in London Dublin and most of Liverpool wayerfront.
The reason the sites on the waterfronts are expensive is they are now seen as prime real estate and capable of high yeild for any investors.
They are not monetary wise more expensive to develope than any other available land.

It is costing us a small fortune to fill in the dock so I am not sure how you can state that it is not more expensive to develop a dockland site.