New Everton Stadium Discussion

Ap
fancy going to an exhibition like this and not even having, or not wanting to show, at least an outline of a stadium design... just the clubs crest.

they obv have designs, and the dan meis designed stadium will probably be at the high end of the amount we are trying to find to build it (say £500m)

the club obv don't want to release renders of this high end design, incase we end up putting a 150m 'reebok stadium' there instead.

shockingly bad from the club
[/QUOTE

Apparently the club don’t want to release images because they are scared it will affect the planning application process! I think you are right about the finance, doesn’t look like they have secured it yet. I’ll bet they end up having to go back to LCC, if that is the case it’ll never get approved.

The thing is, in my opinion, his, (and his boss), see the ground as the key to eye watering profits elsewhere in the whole development.

His calculation will be, again, in my opinion, is it worth me, (and his boss), providing/guaranteeing/sourcing the stadium build versus the returns elsewhere. In other words, IF the stadium is as "Key" to the whole playground as we are told, then the answer is clear. If not, (which I doubt), THEN he will move on.

My opinion. Deffo not sourced. Just join dots.
I’m sure Moshiri and his boss will have first refusal at normal market price for the prime sites on the docks.
Peel will know the stadium is key to the whole development and will do whatever they can to smooth the way for Moshiri and his boss
Just look at London or Dublin docks to see what can be achieved

Liverpool Waters was proposed 12 years ago and will take 50 years to complete. It certainly isn't a get rich quick scheme. The main thing though is that it is Peel and not Everton or Moshiri that will benefit if there is a profit.
So if Moshiri gets a prime site and builds an apartment block(s) or a shopping mall he won’t profit from it ?

An extra £100 per head works out at around £5m a season which is quite frankly chicken feed when you are looking at financing a £500m+ Stadium.
Add in increased supporter spend of 400 a season , ( say 200 profit ) that’s 10 m a year
Add a 20m a year naming rights , that’s up to 35 m a year
Sky/BT will show more games as it’s a modern stadium with top class broadcasting facilities and that’s another couple of million
It all adds up
This scheme wasn’t costed on the back of a cigarette packet
Moshiri might not know a lot about football but he knows about money

You don’t think some Arab won’t be interested in a PL club with a brand new stadium in a major city in the North of England

See Manchester City
not a crap one. like we presently are.

also depends what the stadium is like too.

the first thing the new owners would probly want to do is expand the capacity to at least 62,000 so that we are on par with the big teams in the league

As good as EITC is, going from that to overseeing a hundreds of millions pound new stadium development is like going from managing a corner shop to managing Asda. I admire your confidence but it does seem like its over confidence to me.
:dance:

Add in increased supporter spend of 400 a season , ( say 200 profit ) that’s 10 m a year
Add a 20m a year naming rights , that’s up to 35 m a year
Sky/BT will show more games as it’s a modern stadium with top class broadcasting facilities and that’s another couple of million
It all adds up
This scheme wasn’t costed on the back of a cigarette packet
Moshiri might not know a lot about football but he knows about money

Only point that doesn't stand for me is hte "top class broadcasting" facilities.

Every premier league stadium has a hard-wired broadcasting network built in and the studio they use at grounds is one they build and take down. Doesn't really have an effect on how many games they show... Whether or not it being a fancy new stadium gets us more games, probably for the short-term.

You don’t think some Arab won’t be interested in a PL club with a brand new stadium in a major city in the North of England

See Manchester City
They were interested in a PL club with a decrepit stadium in a major city in the North of England prior to City getting the Commonwealth Games Stadium. A new stadium and all of a sudden, a very attractive piece of the jisgsaw is put in place.

Only point that doesn't stand for me is hte "top class broadcasting" facilities.

Every premier league stadium has a hard-wired broadcasting network built in and the studio they use at grounds is one they build and take down. Doesn't really have an effect on how many games they show... Whether or not it being a fancy new stadium gets us more games, probably for the short-term.

One of the major reasons for the rotation of the site being as it will be is down to broadcasting. a new stadium wil allow a higher level of broadcast, even due to simple changes like gantry positions and accessibility etc. then you can look at the other factors, like emerging technologies and capacity availalble for their implementation. It may not make them turn up more, but it will make our ground more favourable when in consideration for other events.