New Everton Stadium Discussion

Haha couldnt make it up. Every single one of you have been backing Dan Meis and practically been celebrating his every tweet and his trip to Liverpool. Now when it seems that our stadium probs wont be that utopistic 60+ you are turning against him. It's rather amazing.

Still don't get why people are settling for less than 60,000 when other "big" clubs are showing the way with 60,000 plus or aspiring for 60,000 plus. If we want to reestablish ourselves as an elite club obviously we have to make strides on the pitch as well as off the pitch which I thought this Moshiri era was supposed to herald. It's not gone that way yet certainly on the pitch but you can't fault the effort we spent well just not in the right way! That includes the managers.

So off the pitch they give you hope of an ambitious project with the language used and the 'Key Principles' and surveys etc but lately there's a very clear mantra from people to quash the 'ambition' of a 60K plus capacity or 61,878 etc. In fact it's more telling us it'll be nearer 50K than 60K. The club is probably driving down the ambition in terms of capacity presumably because they don't think we'd fill it. There's a fair few of our fans thinking the same and are happy to go with a 50K stadium up to say 55,000. We'd be below a host of clubs. Some ambition.

I would be gutted if we don't build a big stadium on a par with say Tottenham. People still question if we would fill it, why wouldn't we fill it? Why would we be the only big club that doesn't get big crowds in a big new stadium and have lots of empty seats? We get full houses now with an old stadium with restricted views in a very very poor season and has been poor for a few seasons with no success in 20 plus years. Gee just imagine a "state of the art" stadium on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey and a successful team....But we won't fill our stadium so build it small. Small-time mentality! If only Neville Southall was our CEO!
Defo this.

The BMD stadium proposal is underlining just how badly battered the whole organisation's confidence is. It's showing up how timid we've become.

Haha couldnt make it up. Every single one of you have been backing Dan Meis and practically been celebrating his every tweet and his trip to Liverpool. Now when it seems that our stadium probs wont be that utopistic 60+ you are turning against him. It's rather amazing.
He fanned the flames on numerous occasions for a 60,000+ stadium. Are you shocked people are now holding him to these claims?

Well I didn't. I've always thought he's a bit of bellend. But the feller did make a rod for his own back with his supporters and they have every right to kick up a fuss over his rowing back from his bold statements.

Defo this.

The BMD stadium proposal is underlining just how badly battered the whole organisation's confidence is. It's showing up how timid we've become.
It’s like the stadium version of pressing the panic button and hiring Fat Sam. 50k is the safety option. No forward thinking. I’m bitterly disappointed. I had high hopes things were going to be different.

Buck stops with Moshiri. It's up to him to communicate better and apologise for Meis misleading the fans if it's going to be only 50k. And it's up to Moshiri to stop the misinformation if the 50k figure hinted this week is wrong.

Ultimately Moshiri is responsible for the capacity chosen and he will have to answer if he goes for 50k.

Ah, the usual knee jerkers.

Let me guess. SACK.

Is 50k really a disaster if there is potential for expansion though? Surely that makes sound financial/business sense. My views on mosh irk are that he won't put a penny of his own money in - so he will probably look at it in terms of lets learn to walk before we run.

Regularly fill 50k and then expand.

This being said, if the design does not allow any future growth, like many of them do these days, then I'd go bigger.

Bitterly disappointed about what exactly?
C’mon, Roydo, you have to see the path this stadium scheme is heading?

We were fed the snippet that 90% of fans wanted 50k or more, knowing full well the massive majority want 55k-60k, then we’ve got Meis coming out to further dampen the growing expectations.

Trying to stay upbeat about the situation, but it’s getting increasingly harder to do.

C’mon, Roydo, you have to see the path this stadium scheme is heading?

We were fed the snippet that 90% of fans wanted 50k or more, knowing full well the massive majority want 55k-60k, then we’ve got Meis coming out to further dampen the growing expectations.

Trying to stay upbeat about the situation, but it’s getting increasingly harder to do.

What do you mean "come on Roydo"?

My take on all this is unchanged. If its 53, 55 or 60000, my position has been firm. It will get built, it will be ace, and we will love it.

If you and others want to jump on a tweet, cos it frames your viewpoint, fine. I would respectfully suggest you look at things from a slightly different angle.

What do you mean "come on Roydo"?

My take on all this is unchanged. If its 53, 55 or 60000, my position has been firm. It will get built, it will be ace, and we will love it.

If you and others want to jump on a tweet, cos it frames your viewpoint, fine. I would respectfully suggest you look at things from a slightly different angle.

Will it hold more than Goodison ? ....yes
Will it be boss ?.....yes

Will it have a lesser capacity than Spurs and the vermin ?......Who cares