New Everton Stadium Discussion

Nabbed a little brick for my bro who died in Feb.

Screenshot_2024-05-15-19-49-36-593_com.facebook.orca-edit.jpg

G Mex was somewhere completely different, think it was an old Art Deco railway station, very similar to Lime St.

Not sure what it is now, but the MEN is across the city.

Shows what I know. Yeah the MEN area that'll be the one next to Victoria.

So (Co-op) is not a replacement it's to rival it.

G Mex was somewhere completely different, think it was an old Art Deco railway station, very similar to Lime St.

Not sure what it is now, but the MEN is across the city.

Saw one of the best gigs of my life there - Depeche Mode Devotional Tour in 1993.

* edit, see above post 👍
G Mex is still there and is now known as Manchester Central.

I was at an event at Goodison yesterday and paid £12.25 for two large (underfilled) cokes and and a pint of Coors ( the Carling had just gone off, in case anyone is wondering), so it's not exactly cheap. It is already around £6 for a pint of Moretti in the Bramley Moore pub, so by the time BMD opens I am sure we will have to pay over £7-£8 a pint.
Some will. Some of us will tell them to shove it.

As an addition, Everton sent him a video message by Graham Stuart when they first ran out of bricks, (he was alive then), as we emailed about if there was another lot.

They very decently offered him a tour of the stadium but he couldn't attend as he was pretty much bedridden.

No idea how to post it, but...

Graham Stuart made a video message for my cousin when he was in a coma he didn’t wake up from, too.

He’s a good man.

I think a night game view from North to South, with a flash of pitch/play and the Graces behind and lots of Mersey, all lit up blue, will be the iconic image when complete.
I agree, that will be the best view. But even the opposite direction out towards Seaforth docks with the cranes illuminated will be wonderful, as will the one over the river towards Wallasey. Let's be honest, the stadium is a looker and against any backdrop it would look good.