New Everton Stadium Discussion

There's absolutely no way Moshiri staked all that money on Everton getting the Commonweath Games stadium. lol lol

You just don't understand how these people think, that idea should have been rejected on a purely commonsensical view anyway.

"Right, what I'm going to do is invest all this time and money, wait 6 years for a stadium that's under capacity and not fit for purpose...of course even that isn't guaranteed but hey, worth the gamble eh?"

Ridiculous.
Who are the quotes from ?

At the heart of this current furore is the increasing sense of 'drift' amid what appears to be lack of strong leadership in all the clubs dealings. As others have noted it is beyond ridiculous that the person defending the clubs rumoured position is the architect tasked with designing the stadium since he works to the brief of the club. Surely the person explaining the clubs position should be the CEO a.k.a. Robert Elstone.?
As supporters we shouldn't expect to know the intricacies of the day to day running of our club, but it is not unreasonable to expect to know the general ambition and aims the administrators have for our club and an idea of the methods they mean to use to move towards them surely. For the last 30 years we have been fed on glib meaningless soundbites and vague promises of better times to come which have resulted in nothing but failure and continued and ongoing decline.
As recently as the Sigurdsson transfer Swansea officials were complaining they did not know who they were dealing with on a day to day basis , this is ridiculous for any club but for the people who have custodianship of our club it is disgraceful and unacceptable.
After 30 years of fluff and failure whoever actually runs our club needs to step forward act decisively and take control of our club and our future and give us something we can actually believe in.
Time is running out but I won't be holding my breath.

I see the echo have released a stadium capacity podcast special. Funny how Gav buckland is one of 3 on there who previously wanted 45-50k whereas Tony Scott is missing.
Oh boy, they really are spinning the club line there aren't they? It's a risk to build beyond 50,000. We need a stadium for us, not for other clubs. FFS. The KD was going to be 55,000 to 60,000.

The club propaganda push is on. The Echo will be leading the charge for them and the forums will be getting a lot of the "message" too.

Is there still anyone who cant see how Moshiri has taken this club and demolished our status and is in the process of cementing us into mediocrity?

I believe the stadium design is in place and the capacity has been decided on long ago.

This interaction with the fanbase is window dressing and some elements in the new ground will be highlighted as coming from the fans survey even though they were probably already included anyway.

Does anybody seriously believe that Dan Meis gives a toss about the opinion of some random Everton supporter on twitter or on fora such as this. He is being employed by the club and the stadium will ultimately reflect the contributions of professionals involved in design and finance to name just two.

I have been on this forum and others as well for a number of years and if I relied on the opinions of supporters to run the club, sign players or in this case build a stadium then the club would have gone a lot further underground than it will ever go at BM docks...imo.

Oh boy, they really are spinning the club line there aren't they? It's a risk to build beyond 50,000. We need a stadium for us, not for other clubs. FFS. The KD was going to be 55,000 to 60,000.

The club propaganda push is on. The Echo will be leading the charge for them and the forums will be getting a lot of the "message" too.

Is there still anyone who cant see how Moshiri has taken this club and demolished our status and is in the process of cementing us into mediocrity?

Definitely mate. I do think 60k is too big in fairness but 50k would be a disgrace.

Im just hoping the fan pressure pushes the club to sort of "meet in the middle" amd go with around 55/57k figure that can be expanded upon in the future.

So the fans wanting a bigger stadium are now naysayers? This fella has lost the plot.

The problem is the happy clappers and the board/elstone will limit this club for generations.

Its alright for the selfish so and so's who already have season tickets/armchair fans, but what for those thousands of fans and the future generations who may not ever get such opportunites as we have gone down the cheap road of a 50k?

The problem is the happy clappers and the board/elstone will limit this club for generations.

Its alright for the selfish so and so's who already have season tickets/armchair fans, but what for those thousands of fans and the future generations who may not ever get such opportunites as we have gone down the cheap road of a 50k?

50, 55, 60000, it wont be cheap mate.

Selfish????

Ive had my ST in my current seat for near on 20+ years, thats 20+ years of struggling every year to buy it, watching some of the worst football a man could wish to watch, they are not the actions of a selfish man, insane yes, but selfish!??!?!?!!?