New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's just flakey though that he's all over Twitter indulging himself for the last 12 months. It's been noted before how thoroughly unprofessional he is in his communications.

Mind you, it's entirely in keeping with this club these days that we have a stadium designer who can't hold his own water and just belt up and do the job if or when it's goes ahead.

The feller had a portfolio though so I can indulge him. People want transparency which he's doing and he's passionate about it...but that'll rub a few bloos the wrong way.

But you're right.

The feller had a portfolio though so I can indulge him. People want transparency which he's doing and he's passionate about it...but that'll rub a few bloos the wrong way.

But you're right.
It annoys me that all the info about the Stadium is coming from him rather than the club for the most part. He's an architect not a spokesman and it shouldn't be his job imo.

They're getting average 9k attendances in a c30k stadium with their highest attendance this year at 14k. There's being ambitious (which I think you should be and which I think c60k would represent), and there's being hopelessly optimistic. lol I don't know what the atmosphere is like for MK games but can't imagine it's great.

If there were no financial or geographical constraints I'd say you push for just a a few thousand bigger than what you think your average attendance will be. That would represent real ambition without leaving empty seats too often.

Of course it is an extreme case, but had they kept rising up the leagues they would have probably filled it. My point is the ambition has to be there, we are not going to build a 120k stadium which is the equivalent of what they have done. But if finances are taken away from the equation we can and should be looking at 60 to 65k. If we can't afford that then so be it, I just hate to think they are having conversations to whether we can get 50 or so thousand week in week out, because if they are then it proves we have people running the club who do not deserve to be as they don't understand the size of this club.

It's just flakey though that he's all over Twitter indulging himself for the last 12 months. It's been noted before how thoroughly unprofessional he is in his communications.

Mind you, it's entirely in keeping with this club these days that we have a stadium designer who can't hold his own water and just belt up and do the job if or when it's goes ahead.
The worst thing will be us getting a bog standard dump of a stadium despite all of this "fan input" gathered by the club and Meis spouting all over Twitter about 61,878 and steep stands, close to the pitch, iconic design etc, etc.

You must be a member of twitter to know so what does that say???

Me, I am not a member of any of that crap socio sites.

The capacity of the stadium should match the ambition the club has, tickets will sell fine if we have a 55-60k capacity imo but success on the pitch is what drives numbers higher for any club. Having a low capacity just indicates the club don't believe we'll be successful enough or attractive enough to get supporters in to sell out each home game.

Noted by who?

He is doing a great job engaging with the fan base, one of the few people connected with Everton these days that does this.

You must be a member of twitter to know so what does that say???

Me, I am not a member of any of that crap socio sites.
His tweets have been reproduced on this forum like articles of faith from his apostles.

He's just a desperate yank looking after his own corporate interests and conning everyone he's an Evertonian convert.

I think we can see that's all been flannel after recent events.

It's not as if 5,000 empty seats is going to bankrupt the club if we plan for 60,000 and only get 55,000 per week. Use that 5,000 to engage with local schools and get the next generation of kids into the stadium for free or extremely low prices; it'll pay off in the future.

We've wasted about 100m net in previous few years, so might as well go all out on the stadium design and get a bigger-than-needed one built.

There have been many people who have looked sideways at his injudicious running commentary.
I'd anticipate the club is well aware of his Twitter posts. The fact that he does not give away anything sensitive to the project and caveats what he says with 'these are just my opinions' suggests it is more carefully managed than you would like to think.

I'd anticipate the club is well aware of his Twitter posts. The fact that he does not give away anything sensitive to the project and caveats what he says with 'these are just my opinions' suggests it is more carefully managed than you would like to think.
I think there's more to being judicious than just keeping schtum on details. There's the matter of propriety and the lack of in his case. It undermines any credibility he has if he's constantly offering his opinion....look at how he's now having to disavow his established option on capacity and look at the reaction.

I think there's more to being judicious than just keeping schtum on details. There's the matter of propriety and the lack of in his case. It undermines any credibility he has if he's constantly offering his opinion....look at how he's now having to disavow his established option on capacity and look at the reaction.

He never had a say in capacity, though. He will be given a brief by the club and design to that brief. I firmly believe any comments he's made so far will have been a result of the club being a bit overambitious (current climate has maybe reigned in their plans). I also think the club have actively used him as a way of building hype. Nothing wrong with it, it's what most companies do. Especially if they're trying to secure funding.