New Everton Stadium Discussion

All told, it's been a strange dynamic on this. The bulk of incidental information has come from Meis' twitter account and the club seem to have allowed or even encouraged that to happen. I'd hazard a guess and say that fits into the club's policy on BMD to minimize anything about the scheme it has to backtrack from in future. They've taken note from past failed schemes that's left an embarrassing trail of data behind. Meis has been willing to help them avoid that...maybe unwittingly to give him the benefit of the doubt.

It's all far from professional though.

It's amazing how many companies this applies to!

Selfish????

Ive had my ST in my current seat for near on 20+ years, thats 20+ years of struggling every year to buy it, watching some of the worst football a man could wish to watch, they are not the actions of a selfish man, insane yes, but selfish!??!?!?!!?

Just some of the comments from fans/ Gav Buckland on that echo podcast comes across as a "im alright Jack" mentality with the capacity - basically add in the current season ticket waiting list and who already has one and thats your 50k capacity sorted- conveniently forgetting the potential thousands of walk in fans and future season ticket holders who'll struggle to experience the new ground.

The responses to it are absolute cringe. He's not about to run away from a multi-million pound payday if someone links him a tweet where he hinted it would be 60k seats.

Some of our fans as you say “are absolute cringe” I’m actually sitting here on holiday bringing bits of sick up in my mouth!

“Dan is boss!! He's our reverse Batman "He's the hero Everton needs, but not the one it deserves right now"

Some of our fans as you say “are absolute cringe” I’m actually sitting here on holiday bringing bits of sick up in my mouth!

“Dan is boss!! He's our reverse Batman "He's the hero Everton needs, but not the one it deserves right now"

I would like him to build the stadium Fortnite-style, on the fly, then run out of materials at the top and flop directly into the Mersey. A cruel metaphor for the project.

Still don't get why people are settling for less than 60,000 when other "big" clubs are showing the way with 60,000 plus or aspiring for 60,000 plus. If we want to reestablish ourselves as an elite club obviously we have to make strides on the pitch as well as off the pitch which I thought this Moshiri era was supposed to herald. It's not gone that way yet certainly on the pitch but you can't fault the effort we spent well just not in the right way! That includes the managers.

So off the pitch they give you hope of an ambitious project with the language used and the 'Key Principles' and surveys etc but lately there's a very clear mantra from people to quash the 'ambition' of a 60K plus capacity or 61,878 etc. In fact it's more telling us it'll be nearer 50K than 60K. The club is probably driving down the ambition in terms of capacity presumably because they don't think we'd fill it. There's a fair few of our fans thinking the same and are happy to go with a 50K stadium up to say 55,000. We'd be below a host of clubs. Some ambition.

I would be gutted if we don't build a big stadium on a par with say Tottenham. People still question if we would fill it, why wouldn't we fill it? Why would we be the only big club that doesn't get big crowds in a big new stadium and have lots of empty seats? We get full houses now with an old stadium with restricted views in a very very poor season and has been poor for a few seasons with no success in 20 plus years. Gee just imagine a "state of the art" stadium on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey and a successful team....But we won't fill our stadium so build it small. Small-time mentality! If only Neville Southall was our CEO!