New Everton Stadium Discussion

Only went in the Boys Pen once - it was one of the scariest places I have ever been. Locked in a cage at the mercy of feral junior thugs.

I gotta say I never saw any feral behavior in there, not that I remember, anyway. I started going behind the goal, up at the front of the high part of the terrace when I had enough pocket money to pay the two shillings it cost. That was in about 1958 when I was thirteen.
We were all good lads, me and Bill and the rest.

I gotta say I never saw any feral behavior in there, not that I remember, anyway. I started going behind the goal, up at the front of the high part of the terrace when I had enough pocket money to pay the two shillings it cost. That was in about 1958 when I was thirteen.
We were all good lads, me and Bill and the rest.
Early 60’s it cost a tanner to go in the pen and 2 bob in Gwladys St. All you ‘good lads’ must have gone by 62 when I started going in the pen, because there were some right monsters in there then. Happy days hey?

Early 60’s it cost a tanner to go in the pen and 2 bob in Gwladys St. All you ‘good lads’ must have gone by 62 when I started going in the pen, because there were some right monsters in there then. Happy days hey?

I hope you came out with your chastity intact. Sounds like a the borstal in Scum.

I used to go to the boys' pen as one of a party of six older and bigger boys than I was. "Stay in the middle of the group," I was told, "and we stay at the back so we can get out quickly." That would be in 1958.

Take a look at the feller spearheading this plan, Joe Anderson. He's increasingly flaky in his comments. I just dont feel confident that a feller of that calibre is going to bring this to fruition. I doubt people who have any dealings or experience of him believe he can be the catalyst for this. He's just not credible, and I think that's what people see.
But it isn’t just him, it’s Everton and Peel working together to drive it forward...2 multi million pound companies

The West Ham stadium was built with central government money for the Olympics.

What happened after the Olympics was a shambles for that stadium, should have let Spurs knock it down and build a new one for football.

Anyway, West Ham pay a lease ( A cracking deal for Hammers ) and British athletics have a deal in place to use the stadium. If the Ammers owners sell West Ham they have to pay a % of the profits to the council.

The council also get to use it for profit for other events like concerts. They are getting something back.

We on the other hand are loaning money with the council acting as guarantors. No matter how you look at it, its still public money being put at potential risk. A lot of people will question why a club in a multi billion pound industry who is owned by a billionaire is risking the local councils money.
Because it benefits not just us but it benefits the council, the area of BMD and the people of Liverpool

Oh I think he plays an enormous role here. He can take the council with him it appears and that is a huge part of the jigsaw. My belief though is that the responsible adults, as it were, the district auditor's office and risk advisors will clip his wings. I would think they'd see what he;s been up to with the strategy adopted and call a halt to a runaway train - at least placing it into the sidings for a while. I do believe that there's a lot of as yet undefined opposition and the next stage of decision making will bring that into sharp relief.
They won’t Dave, they let it pass with no problems