New Everton Stadium Discussion

There will always be rumours. However the regeneration conference today had both Peel and the Mayor confirming that the new ground will be the catalyst for massive regeneration of the area. I know who I believe

Its hilarious how people believe Dave in work or Bob who posts on Grand Old Team than the cold hard reality of the situation that big business and council want to make millions from a business deal and will get it done.

Its hilarious how people believe Dave in work or Bob who posts on Grand Old Team than the cold hard reality of the situation that big business and council want to make millions from a business deal and will get it done.

Don't believe in any of it but they were saying its on twitter. I don't use it so I wouldn't know.

Indeed it is, but sometimes I just get fed up with people posting unsubstantiated rumours on the very day that official sources confirm that it is going ahead. You couldn't make it up!

Also that image of the ground/Liverpool waters has reaffirmed my belief that the new stadium should have been in the same bowl like shape as Spurs/Roma's new ground.

In terms of architcture oval shapes look so much more impressive by water/
docklands. Imagine the Allianz arena lit up in blue overlooking the docks but instead we've let the arl arses who snarl at anyone who dares sing or wear club colours on matchday so we can have basically an outdated design to show how old school and 'proper' we are.

Also that image of the ground/Liverpool waters has reaffirmed my belief that the new stadium should have been in the same bowl like shape as Spurs/Roma's new ground.

In terms of architcture oval shapes look so much more impressive by water/
docklands. Imagine the Allianz arena lit up in blue overlooking the docks but instead we've let the arl arses who snarl at anyone who dares sing or wear club colours on matchday so we can have basically an outdated design to show how old school and 'proper' we are.
Why not that with a 4 sided proper, contemporary football stadium?

instead we've let the arl houses who snarl at anyone who dares sing or wear club colours on matchday so we can have basically an outdated design to show how old school and 'proper' we are.

I am sure that there will be loads of singing and banners, flags etc from our massive wall of blue at the huge home end at the Metalloinvest Stadium at Bramley Dock

(and here speaks an arl arse!)

Wonder if the club will be able to buy up some of the land / property surrounding the potential stadium?

Arsenal property revenues help there overall performance immeasurably.

Whilst I appreciate it’s not London prices, club could do well to buy a few pent houses/ retail outlets in the surrounding area.

Why not that with a 4 sided proper, contemporary football stadium?

4 sided grounds are just outdated imo and in terms of stadiums by water oval shaped stadiums look so much more modern and impressive. You can still have a fantastic atmosphere look at how Spurs are designing their stands to create and hold in the atmosphere.

I just think as a fanbase many fans think oval and assume 'soul less bowl like the emirates' without factoring in the ability of modern design work.

Meis will go with a 4 sides GP lookalike as he knows his twitter will be bombarded with "be arsed with a bowl lad wheres da Archiebold Leitch replica?"

4 sided grounds are just outdated imo and in terms of stadiums by water oval shaped stadiums look so much more modern and impressive. You can still have a fantastic atmosphere look at how Spurs are designing their stands to create and hold in the atmosphere.

I just think as a fanbase many fans think oval and assume 'soul less bowl like the emirates' without factoring in the ability of modern design work.

Meis will go with a 4 sides GP lookalike as he knows his twitter will be bombarded with "be arsed with a bowl lad wheres da Archiebold Leitch replica?"
I think you are thinking 4 sided and visualising an 125 year old Goodison Park. There is no reason you can't do a modern, unique, stunning looking 4 sided Goodison that will look amazing.

It's not an either/or question, I don't think. It would be entirely possible to have a rectangular interior (which is what Meis has indicated) encased in an oval outer shell.

It's not an either/or question, I don't think. It would be entirely possible to have a rectangular interior (which is what Meis has indicated) encased in an oval outer shell.
Something like the new San Mamés in Bilbao would be ideal.
3028.jpg

450px-San_Mames%2C_Bilbao%2C_Euskal_Herria_-_Basque_Country.jpg

This is a great post. To be honest it's what makes the stadium a massively attractive proposition for us. Imagine having a stadium in the middle of L1 (I know this was meant to be the Echo Arena), but even better because you will now have a far bigger stretch of land that will be open to business.

If the project starts, I think you will see enormous redevelopment and lots of money being brought in. It will be fantastic for the city in attracting tourists and businesses. And you are right to say any stadium would be an enormous catalyst for a project that appears to have lost it's way a little bit.Upwards of 60k people, plus lots of business people descending on the area every other week will make a big difference.

You can see this , I can see this @roydo and a few others see this
Why can’t the rest.
The 3 Arena (previously the Point theatre ) and the Bord Gais theatre in Dublin were the catalyst for the Dublin docks developement.

I don't see how a stadium that's three quarters the way to Bootle through a mainly derelict area that's going to take, in the developers words 30 to 50 years to complete is going to have a variety of businesses flocking there because of a stadium that will be used, at the most, 40/50 days per year in the winter months. It's too far from the city centre to ever be an evening destination.

There are lads out there eager to get started
10 yrs max for the area around the stadium to be completed.