New Everton Stadium Discussion

he is our very own Jesus Christ, he speaks the gospel
upload_2018-3-8_18-31-9.png

It is a disgraceful, disrespectful attitude and I think you actually know this but superfans eh, look at me I care more about my club than my city.
Well, I care more for my city and its people than any football club.

If it wont make any difference as you state to the services provided then what is Fat Joe shouting about all the benefit (£7m/per year) for ? You know better ? You seem determined for it not to go ahead so since you have no faith in the club at least have concern for Liverpool residents many of who couldn't give a [Poor language removed] about football red or blue.

How did you feel when Liverpool were kicking families out of their houses?

This faux outrage from the RS is hilarious. Won't somebody please think of the children?!?!

There's going to be no impact on the services provided. The absolute worse case scenario is that Everton get the funds, the stadium's constructed and then Everton, for some reason, go into liquidation. Despite the fact no top flight club has gone into liquidation in 150 years of football.
It's a bonkers argument.

Even then the council would own (presumably) a brand new state of the art stadium in an iconic location and there'd have been 5 years of considerable job creation.

The gnashing of teeth from the loveables is adorable really, wonder if any of them believe that anyone thinks their 'civic concern' is sincere.

It was months apart. The original plan should have been watertight. It looks now like it was a thin end of the wedge statement to make an eventual requirement for public cash to be made and portrayed as just as sound. That sort of mission creep will have to be looked at closely by risk assessors and the district auditor. It looks like sleight of hand to prop a private business up in its efforts to expand.
I know you like to be pessimistic but this will pass quite easy, there nothing dodgy about it, it’s LCC getting a loan and in return getting £175 million back in interest over 25 years, Everton are a multi multi million pound business, we arnt a shady corporation.

The West Ham stadium went through and that was far far worse with the council getting nothing in return

I know you like to be pessimistic but this will pass quite easy, there nothing dodgy about it, it’s LCC getting a loan and in return getting £175 million back in interest over 25 years, Everton are a multi multi million pound business, we arnt a shady corporation.

The West Ham stadium went through and that was far far worse with the council getting nothing in return
Sounds dead easy. I'm sure therefore nothing will go wrong.......