New Everton Stadium Discussion

I know you like to be pessimistic but this will pass quite easy, there nothing dodgy about it, it’s LCC getting a loan and in return getting £175 million back in interest over 25 years, Everton are a multi multi million pound business, we arnt a shady corporation.

The West Ham stadium went through and that was far far worse with the council getting nothing in return

It was a bit worse than "nothing in return" in fact...

£40m loan for West Ham to move into Olympic Stadium 'may never be repaid to council'

An East London borough has admitted that a £40 million loan which helped Premier League club West Ham move into the Olympic stadium may never be repaid.

Newham council said the loan was "damaged" and would only be recouped if the sports and music venue started making money. But town hall insiders said the borough appeared to have given up any hope of getting back the cash because of the poor financial performance of the stadium.
http://uk.businessinsider.com/west-...al-council-40-million-for-stadium-move-2017-9

I am from the exact area that the stadium will be built and the area is desperate for investment but it is not reliant on BMD, the overall project for the northern docks dwarfs the BMD project, much as we would like to think we hold the key, we don't. Peel have their own agenda and though they may not be against they are certainly not reliant on it and will seek to get the deal that suits them not EFC.

One won’t happen without the other
The stadium will be the catalyst
Too many people have too much to lose if this doesn’t go ahead
Hence the deal with LCC to pay them a seeetener every year to ensure this goes ahead.
Corestate who co own the Liver building ( their only British investment to date ) with Moshiri would cough up the 600/700 m without blinking an eye for the figures LCC are getting

This is a great post. To be honest it's what makes the stadium a massively attractive proposition for us. Imagine having a stadium in the middle of L1 (I know this was meant to be the Echo Arena), but even better because you will now have a far bigger stretch of land that will be open to business.

If the project starts, I think you will see enormous redevelopment and lots of money being brought in. It will be fantastic for the city in attracting tourists and businesses. And you are right to say any stadium would be an enormous catalyst for a project that appears to have lost it's way a little bit.Upwards of 60k people, plus lots of business people descending on the area every other week will make a big difference.

Take a look at the feller spearheading this plan, Joe Anderson. He's increasingly flaky in his comments. I just dont feel confident that a feller of that calibre is going to bring this to fruition. I doubt people who have any dealings or experience of him believe he can be the catalyst for this. He's just not credible, and I think that's what people see.

This is a great post. To be honest it's what makes the stadium a massively attractive proposition for us. Imagine having a stadium in the middle of L1 (I know this was meant to be the Echo Arena), but even better because you will now have a far bigger stretch of land that will be open to business.

If the project starts, I think you will see enormous redevelopment and lots of money being brought in. It will be fantastic for the city in attracting tourists and businesses. And you are right to say any stadium would be an enormous catalyst for a project that appears to have lost it's way a little bit.Upwards of 60k people, plus lots of business people descending on the area every other week will make a big difference.
I don't see how a stadium that's three quarters the way to Bootle through a mainly derelict area that's going to take, in the developers words 30 to 50 years to complete is going to have a variety of businesses flocking there because of a stadium that will be used, at the most, 40/50 days per year in the winter months. It's too far from the city centre to ever be an evening destination.

Take a look at the feller spearheading this plan, Joe Anderson. He's increasingly flaky in his comments. I just dont feel confident that a feller of that calibre is going to bring this to fruition. I doubt people who have any dealings or experience of him believe he can be the catalyst for this. He's just not credible, and I think that's what people see.
Yet you strongly believed Roberto bloody Martinez could turn things around at Everton. It’s no wonder people take your opinion with a bucket load of salt.

Hardly think he is spearheading anything Dave. Facilitating stuff, yeah, but if he wasnt mayor, it would be another one. The spearheaders, imo, with 2 exceptions, are in the shadows.

I know you like to be pessimistic but this will pass quite easy, there nothing dodgy about it, it’s LCC getting a loan and in return getting £175 million back in interest over 25 years, Everton are a multi multi million pound business, we arnt a shady corporation.

The West Ham stadium went through and that was far far worse with the council getting nothing in return

The West Ham stadium was built with central government money for the Olympics.

What happened after the Olympics was a shambles for that stadium, should have let Spurs knock it down and build a new one for football.

Anyway, West Ham pay a lease ( A cracking deal for Hammers ) and British athletics have a deal in place to use the stadium. If the Ammers owners sell West Ham they have to pay a % of the profits to the council.

The council also get to use it for profit for other events like concerts. They are getting something back.

We on the other hand are loaning money with the council acting as guarantors. No matter how you look at it, its still public money being put at potential risk. A lot of people will question why a club in a multi billion pound industry who is owned by a billionaire is risking the local councils money.

Hardly think he is spearheading anything Dave. Facilitating stuff, yeah, but if he wasnt mayor, it would be another one. The spearheaders, imo, with 2 exceptions, are in the shadows.
Oh I think he plays an enormous role here. He can take the council with him it appears and that is a huge part of the jigsaw. My belief though is that the responsible adults, as it were, the district auditor's office and risk advisors will clip his wings. I would think they'd see what he;s been up to with the strategy adopted and call a halt to a runaway train - at least placing it into the sidings for a while. I do believe that there's a lot of as yet undefined opposition and the next stage of decision making will bring that into sharp relief.

Oh I think he plays an enormous role here. He can take the council with him it appears and that is a huge part of the jigsaw. My belief though is that the responsible adults, as it were, the district auditor's office and risk advisors will clip his wings. I would think they'd see what he;s been up to with the strategy adopted and call a halt to a runaway train - at least placing it into the sidings for a while. I do believe that there's a lot of as yet undefined opposition and the next stage of decision making will bring that into sharp relief.

Any mayor would be important. Happens to be him. The big boys would have dealt with who ever could facilitate.