New Everton Stadium Discussion

Everton Football Club is surely worthy of a bigger and better stadium than Newcastle United.

Let's be ambitious - let's have a ground that can match the stadia of the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham.

No we are not, get real for f's. sake !!

Because we need to know our place in the modern game of glamour & money !!

In hindsight, would you alter your stance?

Because we need to know our place in the modern game of glamour & money !!

Our place is at the very top of the English game. Our recent (20+ year) relative fall from grace is a reflection on the lack of resources provided by our owners, not our standing in the English (and European) game.

As a blue never stop believing and understanding we belong at the top of the game, if we are absent it's only temporary.

Our place is at the very top of the English game. Our recent (20+ year) relative fall from grace is a reflection on the lack of resources provided by our owners, not our standing in the English (and European) game.

As a blue never stop believing and understanding we belong at the top of the game, if we are absent it's only temporary.

While I totally agree with your wider sentiments and the ambition I want to be shown, I not so convinced about our wider standing in the game. We have a huge profile in a particular geographical region, beyond that, well not so much.

While I totally agree with your wider sentiments and the ambition I want to be shown, I not so convinced about our wider standing in the game. We have a huge profile in a particular geographical region, beyond that, well not so much.
Everton have a profile and record that rivals the best, and in some cases, is the best. Saw an article recently which showed we've scored the most top flight goals (or total goals ever, or something). So we haven't won anything for a while...So what. We're just letting the others catch up a bit...:D

Everton have a profile and record that rivals the best, and in some cases, is the best. Saw an article recently which showed we've scored the most top flight goals (or total goals ever, or something). So we haven't won anything for a while...So what. We're just letting the others catch up a bit...:D

We have a history and heritage and sense of community second to none. But, sadly, any footie fan under 30 only knows of the Premier League and SKY and Chelsea and sucks up all the hype that goes with it. We are a mere footnote in modern football history, a club whose place is to sell the likes of Rooney and Stones onto the 'proper clubs'. I can't wait till we change that perception and the sooner the damn well better.

Nothing specific, but bare in mind Dan Meis told @ToffeeDoug the history and energy of Everton would be reflected in the final design - that doesn't sound to me like a bowl - perhaps he's going to reintroduce the semi circles behind the goals again lol

I was only thinking today about the semi-circles behind the goals... I know they were done as a measure to counteract missile throwing, but in their own way, they were iconic and back in the day, everyone recognised them as being part of the Grand Old Lady.

Here's one of the leaked updated designs for the interior of the new WHL. Wonder how much the sky boxes are going to cost in the top left of the picture. I really like the inside of our new ground it's exactly right and might be worth looking at as a good starting point for Everton.

New%20Stadium%20Interior.png

could be mistaken, but that does look like lukaku smashing home a 4th in injury time

... for chelsea