New Everton Stadium Discussion

Other stadium designers can do what they like but the point is, the NFL have been working with Spurs on this from the outset, they're not simply renting an already existing ground like they have with Wembley and Twickenham. That's the difference, it's a partnership. Levy approached them before we started designing the ground so they've been involved from Day 1. We're building the NFL their own media facilities, locker rooms, tunnel (which will have a slight impact on the stadium's interior), and as has already been mentioned dedicated artificial pitch at the correct height below the stands. They've been sending delegations from the US to visit the construction site every few months to check and tweak their bits of the stadium. All of which suggests they're in it for the long haul and looking at this as their long-term base if there's to be a franchise ahead of the two bigger venues they've already used.

A club up north could approach the NFL to form a similar partnership. If Everton did that and succeeded then you'd be talking about doing the same thing as us. But building a venue that's "worth considering" in the hope of attracting NFL, but without actually working with them, isn't the same.

I know you were only half joking btw. And I'm aware this thread is becoming a bit too much about WHL, so I'll shut up and get some dinner now. ;)
Egg chasing in all its guises has never been that popular around this city.
But I suppose the wools could be tempted in like.

I posted a video of Dan Meis a while back, his ideas are really interesting and discuss the idea of a stadium reflecting its community. There is also a small mention of sunken stadiums which could be interesting given the sites terrain.

I would almost guarantee that at least the 1st tier will be beneath ground level if the alignment works or if we purchase some of the nelson dock site and knock through.

Egg chasing in all its guises has never been that popular around this city.
But I suppose the wools could be tempted in like.

It wouldn't be for the people of Liverpool, like you say little or no interest. However people in the US have heard of Liverpool through the Beatles and (ahem) Jimmy Osmond so it's a way of attracting that market for a game with added tourism. A lot of folk that go to London to watch NFL actually travel from Scotland (it was the last UK bastion of NFL Europe long after the London Monarchs folded) it's less for them and the ones that come from the north of England to travel.

Like I said all pie in the sky but it's not unthinkable.

Everton Football Club is surely worthy of a bigger and better stadium than Newcastle United.

Let's be ambitious - let's have a ground that can match the stadia of the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham.

...I'm sure the club have a Business Case setting out the case for change, development and running costs with benefit realisation detail. This will include analysis of income from capacity. They will have done their sums and will want to maximise income.

Here's one of the leaked updated designs for the interior of the new WHL. Wonder how much the sky boxes are going to cost in the top left of the picture. I really like the inside of our new ground it's exactly right and might be worth looking at as a good starting point for Everton.

New%20Stadium%20Interior.png
I like the concept of the 360° floodlights. Be interesting to see how they look in real life.

Maybe. Reckon it looks industrial enough without a massive window.

The rake of the lower tiers look more like theatre seating than football ground seating as well.
One of the photos is taken with a fish eye lens making the rake look really shallow, the others look fine to me.

The Lucas Oil is the finest stadium on the planet. Every time I see it I like it even more.

Everton Football Club is surely worthy of a bigger and better stadium than Newcastle United.

Let's be ambitious - let's have a ground that can match the stadia of the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham.

Never ceases to amaze me how people can underestimate our support. We currently have a near 40k stadium that everyone knows is lacking comfort and facilities (such as being able to see the pitch without looking around a post) yet some people think 50k would be fine.

At least 5000 of those extra seats will be corporate/hospitality. A small increase to the away support and suddenly we only need 4k extra supporters to fill our new stadium. Hardly what I would call future proofing. Anyone thought about if we start playing some winning football? Yet people trot out average attendances when the ground was already dated or from bygone era when averages were relatively small but we could still on our day pack in nearly 80k.

People also need to note that the demographics have also changed since then where women and kids actually go to the match in greater numbers now.

...I'm sure the club have a Business Case setting out the case for change, development and running costs with benefit realisation detail. This will include analysis of income from capacity. They will have done their sums and will want to maximise income.

Undoubtedly, there will be a robust financial model underpinning this. This is not going to be a gift from Moshiri. It will be a hugely expensive capital investment that will have a realistic payback period attached to it based on increased revenue streams coming into the club. Quite who we will be paying back and how it will be done, remains to be understood.