New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yeah, so do I. I'd also bear in mind though that any traditional shaped stadium that was around the 65-70,000 capacity mark on a waterfront site in the port of Liverpool would ensure it was unique almost regardless of what could be done with interior/exterior innovation.

I think you are spot on. I like the fact we look like we are using a bespoke architectural firm to design it. It bodes well.

If we built a state of the art stadium on the Mersey in an area that is getting serious wider redevelopment the potential is enormous. It could probably go down as one of the leading sports venues in the world.

I think we have to avoid anything like that shape.

If these people hired to design any future stadium are at all in touch with the wishes of the fanbase of this club they;ll know by now that we want a traditional shaped classic football ground, not some space age monstrosity that becomes a laughing stock ten years later.

Remember when that architect, Will Alsop, designed "The Cloud" to stand next to the Three Graces a decade or so back and there was an outcry? = same principle. I know there's the Liverpool Museum down there now that is slightly out there in terms of the other buildings, but it still maintains the integrity of the angular shapes.

That's what we must do too. No 'concept's thanks. Just a huge three tier four sided stadium that frightens the life out of the opposition rather than make them lagh when they approach it.
Dave. In your humble opinion. What shape do you think it will be? Not what you want, but what we'll get?

If people didn't stray off topic by getting involved with other members being told to stop fighting, then this needn't have happened.

But yes back on topic certainly.
I was just being mischievous.

I think we should scrap the whole thing. We can't decide on anything. Rubbish we are.

I think you are spot on. I like the fact we look like we are using a bespoke architectural firm to design it. It bodes well.

If we built a state of the art stadium on the Mersey in an area that is getting serious wider redevelopment the potential is enormous. It could probably go down as one of the leading sports venues in the world.
I think employing Herzog would have had us all swooning. Their stadiums are the muts nuts.

I think employing Herzog would have had us all swooning. Their stadiums are the muts nuts.

Dave does this and your engagement in the last few pages mean that deep down you are starting to get quite excited by all of this?

Note: I avoided use of the word positive and stuck with excited :D