New Everton Stadium Discussion

The anxiety of a new stadium is killing me. The competitive edge within me is already flapping about getting a good seat, at a good height pretty central behind the goal is driving me crazy. :-(

Selfish, but Im happy where I am and hope the whole thing falls apart :)

UB? Upper Bullens?

How do you sit behind the centre of the goal if you're in the Bullens?

Tell you what the traffic farce last night in town, them idiots playing at home and all the wools trying to get into town to watch it in the pub, just shows how staying in that area is a bad idea if we want a bigger ground.

Nothing specific, but bear in mind Dan Meis told @ToffeeDoug the history and energy of Everton would be reflected in the final design - that doesn't sound to me like a bowl - perhaps he's going to reintroduce the semi circles behind the goals again lol

I asked him about heritage and he answered in more emotional terms about the history and energy of GP, not yet totally convinced he was definitely talking about physical references to GP and our wider heritage. I will ask him again when he is in a biting on a dangler mood!

I asked him about heritage and he answered in more emotional terms about the history and energy of GP, not yet totally convinced he was definitely talking about physical references to GP and our wider heritage. I will ask him again when he is in a biting on a dangler mood!
I liked the 'what's the most atmospheric stadium in England' question.
Is suppose it's called fishing....not catching!

Nothing specific, but bare in mind Dan Meis told @ToffeeDoug the history and energy of Everton would be reflected in the final design - that doesn't sound to me like a bowl - perhaps he's going to reintroduce the semi circles behind the goals again lol

My personal choice, would be a stadium that (internally) acknowledges the football pitch i.e. 4 stands that face the pitch. The usual wrap around seating for bowls doesn't sit right with me. The 'corner' sections can be used for large screens, TV studios, security/police viewing studios and perhaps, more importantly, state of the art viewing areas for 'disabled' supporters.

Externally, the facade of the stadium should be where the aesthetic 'wow' factor is (the real 'wow' should be on the pitch). Views in and out, on the waterfront, it could be amazing.