New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's out of work he discussed a job it didn't happen. You could look at it the other way why didn't he just take the job? You could say Palace didn't want to pay for his entourage(as leaked to the press one presumes by Palace) or that his head was turned because he still thinks he could get the Everton job?
No that’s rubbish, he was their to take the job.
Not to have a discussion. When you have journalists like John Percy saying it’s done,
Then it’s done.
and he could have been ready to sign and palace pulled the plug, not him? Who knows.

My feeling is, his agent is in Moshiri ear.
Apparently they are friends. And Moshiri is undecided. With probably Brands and the rest of the board not interested.

Interesting to note the movement in Mark Hughes' odds in the last day or so.

68-evertonin5mhunt-gt.jpg
Correlates with movement of my bowel

When was the last time Rudi Garcia really succeeded as a manager? Lille?

Failed to make proper use of several big talents at Lyon too and fell out with the DoF
Really, twice 2nd with Roma

Re Lyon substituted that Brazilian coach and they finished higher[ 7th from 14th]. League stopped prematurely due to COVID, if not would have finished higher

Beat Juventus and City in CL. Reached Semifinals of CL

Lost Europa Cup in final when with Marseilles

Finished 4th this year

Last edited:

Here's a summary of Christophe Galtier's record as a manager so far:

- He won the French League Cup in 2013 with un-fancied Saint Etienne.

- He's won the Manager of the Year award in Ligue One (France's Premier League) THREE times

- He took Lille from 18th place in Ligue One in 2018 to runners up in Ligue One in 2019!

- He's just won Ligue One, finishing ahead of the superstars of PSG

- He is renowned for developing young talent and giving youth a chance

- He's just told the Press that he wants a new challenge

Would he come to a mid-table side like ours? I’m not sure, but surely it’s worth a try.
This is the guy I want and I've had £10 @ 25/1.

BUT the league win was more PSG losing it. They registered their lowest points total for about 10 years and got beat by a single point.

Everything else he's done though is what we are looking for.

Here's a summary of Christophe Galtier's record as a manager so far:

- He won the French League Cup in 2013 with un-fancied Saint Etienne.

- He's won the Manager of the Year award in Ligue One (France's Premier League) THREE times

- He took Lille from 18th place in Ligue One in 2018 to runners up in Ligue One in 2019!

- He's just won Ligue One, finishing ahead of the superstars of PSG

- He is renowned for developing young talent and giving youth a chance

- He's just told the Press that he wants a new challenge

Would he come to a mid-table side like ours? I’m not sure, but surely it’s worth a try.
Great Post, this guy ticks every box that we need.
I'd go hell to leather to get him here, our side is so disjointed I feel he's the only one who could shake the malaise from our rat-team and create the semblance of an effective team like he brilliantly achieved at Lille.
Basics... build from the back, he used a low block gave his team confidence and then progress.

We'd all take that.

Really, twice 2nd with Roma

Re Lyon substituted that Brazilian coach and they finished higher. Beat City in CL. Came 4th this year
Not sure 4th is an achievement with what is basically the 2nd biggest club in France. I'll give you Roma though

I'm not sure i'd be happy or sad if he came back... I genuinely couldn't tell you because i thought the man was charming as hell and properly got us and the club but i was begging for him to be sacked after that United game and that connection from the first season felt completely lost. I'd certainly be curious to see how it would work out if he returned... maybe even a little excited but my biggest concern with Bobby Brown Shoes is I'm not sure I've seen enough from him since leaving to know he's learned from his past mistakes. Belgium are an incredible side who probably should have won something by now, especially given the platinum generation of talent at their disposal and credit where it's due some of the footie on show from them is incredible but you'd be hard pushed to find many PremierLeague level managers that wouldn't get the same, if not more out of that group. Also, Int football is a different beast to club football. It's like being the cool uncle. You get to have fun, goof around and all that and then send them home with little, to no concern how your niece and nephew behave in their own house or how they're brought up. (in my head that analogy makes perfect sense)
I liked (and still like) Martinez and looking back now I sort of feel he was unfortunate to not be given the chance to spend some of Moshiri's million and build a team fit to play his brand of football, but ultimately his arrogance and stubbornness to identify his own failings those last two seasons and correct them were his undoing. If that hasn't changed i can't see how he succeeds anywhere.
It's really easy, especially as more time passes, to focus more on that amazing first season than the rotten garbage we were served up over the next two.

Indeed he'd have more to spend if he came back but he will still insist on not coaching defenders on how to defend, and rigidly sticking to his Plan A at all times, even when it is very blatantly not working.

Whoever the new coach is, and it is safe to say nobody has a clue, needs to be tactically flexible and needs to understand and face up to the strengths and many, many, many weaknesses in the current squad. Bobby doesn't have the tactical acumen or personality for that.

Fatih Terim, on the other hand? No idea, but he has a boss name for songs and headlines. Welcome, Fats.

He's been managing Belgium for 5 years now.

In those 5 years many clubs around the world have hired and fired managers.

He's still managing Belgium.

That tells you how good Martinez really is.

He's actually perfect for Belgium because he's a cup manager.

If he ever went back to club football his teams would suffer from his horrible "fitness program" . Which includes things like passing.

We went from the one of the fittest teams in the league to one of the most unfit within less than a year under his management.

After 80s mins everyone started to worry and we could never see games out. Players blowing out their backside while out of position defensively at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.