New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Any manager we appoint is going to be a gamble, they all are.
2. Everton are not too big a job for some of the managers mentioned, we just have low expectations and high hopes.
3. Everton paid top dollar to get Ancelotti in, I see no reason why they won’t do the same if the right candidate is interested.
4. We are a consistent PL club and there will be some interesting managers who will have applied.
5. The media have proven themselves to be clueless on who we are linked with, so take anything with a pinch of salt unless from a really decent source.
6 just because Ancelotti left it isn’t the end of the world, some managers will be relishing the challenge of doing better than he did.
7. I like numbering the points I am making.

covered everything?

Managing a big club like Everton is a totally different and new challenge for many of the managers linked with us such as Dyche and Potter.
We finished tenth and it is a disaster, they finish tenth at present and it is job well done.The overall job is on a scale they have not dealt with before

We aren't exactly Real Madrid are we?

Potter would meet higher expectations at the so called big 6. We are wedged in with the likes of Leicester, Aston Villa, West Ham. Whether we like it or not.

We are a step up from Brighton, but it's not a huge leap.

Palace and Nuno deal has fallen apart

No crsdible links to Galtier

Potter is a bit of a coin toss

I wonder if were trying to bring in someone no one has thought of yet...another name like Ancelotti...

what’s potter done? Pass piss pass oh that looks boss, “well he’s kept Brighton up”

ok Everton need a man that keeps Brighton up.

honestly how low can people go to want someone like him,

He has managed more teams than Brighton...

Funny thing is if we did sign him you would be shouting at everyone to back him!

He wouldn't be my first choice but I do find that people don't take a look at the full picture very often. Making Brighton a regular top flight team that plays decent football and produces sellable assets is his remit there.

Regardless of who we get for the top job, I don't understand the animosity towards retaining Ferguson as a coach. The big decisions would rest with the manager, backed up by any trusted assistant/s he might want to bring with him, same as with Carlo and Davide Ancelotti. Duncan seems to be well respected by the players, and in the case of DCL I truly believe he has helped in his development. I also know a former member of the youth coaching set-up who told me that he is brilliant with the younger players. I think most clubs have loyal retainers like Ferguson, as long as they aren't disruptive I see no harm in keeping them. Plus if reports are true, Ancelotti wanted to take him to Madrid, so he must have rated him too.

Palace and Nuno deal has fallen apart
How exciting!
No crsdible links to Galtier
Hang on, are you saying Myers ISN'T sourced up? Properly shocked
Potter is a bit of a coin toss
Aren't they all?
I wonder if were trying to bring in someone no one has thought of yet...another name like Ancelotti...
Christ, I hooe not. We're more Wallywood than Hollywood.

As others have mentioned earlier, the reality is on the pitch we're not that big a step up from Brighton.

This fanbase needs a reality check.

An ambitious owner is fine, but to reach a destination you need to fully understand where you're starting from.

Spot on.

Brands should have cleared house by now with these coaches binned.

The club needs a clean sweep and a window cracked open on it.
The last thing that is needed.

We hear continually about the need for continuity.
A new manager coming into the clubs knows nothing about the character or the personality of the players or the various other members of staff.

Expecting a stranger to arrive at the club and somehow have all this necessary information is just silly.

Having people to work with and learn from is vital.

If after the manager feels he has control and wants to move people about or move them on then that is fine

How exciting!

Hang on, are you saying Myers ISN'T sourced up? Properly shocked

Aren't they all?

Christ, I hooe not. We're more Wallywood than Hollywood.

As others have mentioned earlier, the reality is on the pitch we're not that big a step up from Brighton.

This fanbase needs a reality check.

An ambitious owner is fine, but to reach a destination you need to fully understand where you're starting from.
The reality is nobody has a clue what is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.