New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
it’s madness some actually want him honestly

Was it madness that Southampton wanted Pochettino after he had been sacked with Espanyol bottom of the league?

Was it madness that Borussia Dortmund, the 2nd biggest club in Germany, appointed Klopp after he had been relegated with Mainz?

Sometimes you need to look past some of the results and take things into context. I'm not even saying we *should* be appointing Potter, but I find it mad that people see things in such a black and white way.

I very much hope the new manager gets total backing & to bring in the people he needs & to get rid of anyone he doesn’t want.
Certainly clear out the likes of Jeffers. A scrote like that shouldn’t be within a mile of impressionable young players.
Unless the new man absolutely wants them, I’d like to see Big Dunc & Unsworth let go to go prove themselves elsewhere.
And a complete clearout of Kenwright strays & cronies.

COYB!
Very disappointing that Brands hasn't already done that.

I suspect he doesn't have the free range to hire and fire that his title suggests.

Absolutely everyone should be placed on notice and then re-interview for a future role at the club.

Short term pain for long term benefit.

Those that remain would soon forget their former colleagues who were actually holding everyone else back.

Not really. He’s a good manager who plays good football. Managers have to start somewhere. Look at Rodgers.
I’ve said all along if the choice is between Nuno, Moyes, Ferguson, Howe. Then I would take potter every day. Someone on Twitter said would Chelsea, Utd, city, Liverpool take potter.

Well not that long ago Chelsea had lampard, Utd have Ole. Spurs got poch from Southampton. Arteta is at Arsenal. And Liverpool got Rodgers from Swansea. And he’d been sacked from reading.

I would prefer a Rangnick, Hen Tag, etc. And I actually had a bet on Galtier last week at 22/1. Though I wonder if his agent is putting our name out there to hurry up Nice. Though he has talked about managing in England

Was it madness that Southampton wanted Pochettino after he had been sacked with Espanyol bottom of the league?

Was it madness that Borussia Dortmund, the 2nd biggest club in Germany, appointed Klopp after he had been relegated with Mainz?

Sometimes you need to look past some of the results and take things into context. I'm not even saying we *should* be appointing Potter, but I find it mad that people see things in such a black and white way.
If you paid for his deed poll so he's known as Potterttino loads of the naysayers would be onboard.

Last edited:
My 1st choice would be Martinez, but doesn’t look like that’s an option.

Don’t think we’d have a chance of getting Conte, but don’t think he’d be the right fit anyway. Likes of him & Ancelotti who were elite players probably struggle to even recognise players of the standard of some (most) of our squad. I got the feeling last season that some player knew they weren’t rated. Don’t think Conte has half the patience or diplomacy Ancelotti had. He’d be off in a year.

Thank **** Moyes doesn’t appear to be on the radar. I would genuinely not renew my ST.

I have a feeling that Potter could do well. Very well even. I feel strangely optimistic about that one.

I don’t get the same feeling about Howe.

I very much hope the new manager gets total backing & to bring in the people he needs & to get rid of anyone he doesn’t want.
Certainly clear out the likes of Jeffers. A scrote like that shouldn’t be within a mile of impressionable young players.
Unless the new man absolutely wants them, I’d like to see Big Dunc & Unsworth let go to go prove themselves elsewhere.

COYB!
Why would you have Martinez as first Choice

When David Moyes was appointed we were sliding fast under Walter Smith and had been for some time. Second tier football looked to be on the horizon sooner rather than later and the post of manager wasnt a particularly sought after position. High achieving lower tier managers were perhaps the type of candidates we would attract, noone decent would look twice.

Now despite everything we're a relatively comfortable top half side who have a rich owner prepared to spend, not rich by City's standards and not in the top bracket of clubs but high up in the level below with potential to achieve much long term.

Potter might turn out to be as good as Moyes, but even that is being optimistic and wouldn't satisfy many on here anyway. Moyes was a gamble that imo paid off handsomely but a gamble we had to take. We don't have to take that big a gamble now

I wouldnt dispute any of that. I hated the negative dour walter smith. Almost every interview he did after Everton games started with "that was disapointing"
But i dont get the connection between then and now regarding potter. His work in sweden. His style of coaching at swansea and brighton. All i would say is his work isnt going unnoticed and its perfectly reasonable to consider his potential on a bigger stage. I think some object because of his name and what he looks like. Which is lets face it a pathetic reason.
This forum got wind of galtier last night and i guarentee many of those who just saw his name had to google him. He is just as much a risk. He's managed two clubs in his career in france.
Most will be a gamble. But its sexy to go with a bit of an unknown now rather than look at what might be right under your nose.

Don’t think we’d have a chance of getting Conte, but don’t think he’d be the right fit anyway. Likes of him & Ancelotti who were elite players probably struggle to even recognise players of the standard of some (most) of our squad. I got the feeling last season that some player knew they weren’t rated. Don’t think Conte has half the patience or diplomacy Ancelotti had. He’d be off in a year.

Thank **** Moyes doesn’t appear to be on the radar. I would genuinely not renew my ST.

I have a feeling that Potter could do well. Very well even. I feel strangely optimistic about that one.

COYB!

TBF in the case of Unsworth, the manager has no say in the U23 team. That is Brands' remit, not the manager's. In the case of Ferguson, I'd hope whoever the new manager is wouldn't have Ferguson imposed on him and would be able to make his own decision about whether he felt he was worth keeping around.

Does Campos mention Everton in that Sky article? I can't see it so is it Myers making a story out of nothing?
The way it was portrayed by SKY it seemed they specifically asked Campos about Galtier’s suitability for the Everton job but haven’t seen the interview so no idea.

As someone from Brighton who goes as often as poss to the Amex I'd prefer Brighton keep Potter.
Everton are in a mess and he won't be given time to put a team together.
Brighton are well organised throughout the club with a good young team, be stadium and training ground.

COYB!

Very disappointing that Brands hasn't already done that.

I suspect he doesn't have the free range to hire and fire that his title suggests.

Absolutely everyone should be placed on notice and then re-interview for a future role at the club.

Short term pain for long term benefit.

Those that remain would soon forget their former colleagues who were actually holding everyone else back.
Spot on.

Brands should have cleared house by now with these coaches binned.

The club needs a clean sweep and a window cracked open on it.

So if we want to appoint Galtier we will need to get a move on bearing in mind that he will need to isolate for 10 days when he arrives.

I've always enjoyed Terry Francis' co commentary
I've always been impressed with Gerry Francis' hairstyle

I can't make my mind up which one I'd like to be given a chance.

I want a manager who hasn't been given a job in over 20 years to be given a chance again.
Gotta be either Venables or Hoddle then surely

Status
Not open for further replies.