New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't have a clue mate, they're reading twitter snippets like the rest of us. I mean even the Galtier links have come from his DoF saying he would be a good fit for us but that doesn't mean we want him.

….totally agree. The club used to leak like a sieve but bookmakers odds in this particular market are based purely on conjecture and money wagered.

Whilst it’s a bit of interest to monitor them, they are some way from providing an indication that an appointment is imminent.

There is actualy very little comparison between mike walker and potter other than they come from a smaller club. And if we're going to go down that road kendall and moyes would never have got jobs here.

When David Moyes was appointed we were sliding fast under Walter Smith and had been for some time. Second tier football looked to be on the horizon sooner rather than later and the post of manager wasnt a particularly sought after position. High achieving lower tier managers were perhaps the type of candidates we would attract, noone decent would look twice.

Now despite everything we're a relatively comfortable top half side who have a rich owner prepared to spend, not rich by City's standards and not in the top bracket of clubs but high up in the level below with potential to achieve much long term.

Potter might turn out to be as good as Moyes, but even that is being optimistic and wouldn't satisfy many on here anyway. Moyes was a gamble that imo paid off handsomely but a gamble we had to take. We don't have to take that big a gamble now

he’s managing Brighton all he does is keep them up, and that’s as the 3 who went down we’re utter dung.

Let’s get him in
There speaks the man on the Walton omnibus.

If anyone thinks the reference is obscure or , God forbid, I was being unpleasant towards Matty , the test in law for whether something is reasonable or not is ( or used to be as I trained 40 years ago ) does the man ( the law was sexist last century and probably still is ) on the Clapham omnibus think it is reasonable.

Matty has given us an authoratative view and I think we should now move on from the timid wizard.

Here's the thing about these comments.

It was Myers asking the question of Galtier's suitability to Campos. When was the last time Myers did some actual journalism without the line coming directly from the club?

My guess is Kenwright called up Myers, asked him to put something together to try and get things moving for (an)other candidate and basically force their hand by thinking Galtier might see us as an option.
Does Campos mention Everton in that Sky article? I can't see it so is it Myers making a story out of nothing?

My 1st choice would be Martinez, but doesn’t look like that’s an option.

Don’t think we’d have a chance of getting Conte, but don’t think he’d be the right fit anyway. Likes of him & Ancelotti who were elite players probably struggle to even recognise players of the standard of some (most) of our squad. I got the feeling last season that some player knew they weren’t rated. Don’t think Conte has half the patience or diplomacy Ancelotti had. He’d be off in a year.

Thank **** Moyes doesn’t appear to be on the radar. I would genuinely not renew my ST.

I have a feeling that Potter could do well. Very well even. I feel strangely optimistic about that one.

I don’t get the same feeling about Howe.

I very much hope the new manager gets total backing & to bring in the people he needs & to get rid of anyone he doesn’t want.
Certainly clear out the likes of Jeffers. A scrote like that shouldn’t be within a mile of impressionable young players.
Unless the new man absolutely wants them, I’d like to see Big Dunc & Unsworth let go to go prove themselves elsewhere.
And a complete clearout of Kenwright strays & cronies.

COYB!

My 1st choice would be Martinez, but doesn’t look like that’s an option.

Don’t think we’d have a chance of getting Conte, but don’t think he’d be the right fit anyway. Likes of him & Ancelotti who were elite players probably struggle to even recognise players of the standard of some (most) of our squad. I got the feeling last season that some player knew they weren’t rated. Don’t think Conte has half the patience or diplomacy Ancelotti had. He’d be off in a year.

Thank **** Moyes doesn’t appear to be on the radar. I would genuinely not renew my ST.

I have a feeling that Potter could do well. Very well even. I feel strangely optimistic about that one.

I don’t get the same feeling about Howe.

I very much hope the new manager gets total backing & to bring in the people he needs & to get rid of anyone he doesn’t want.
Certainly clear out the likes of Jeffers. A scrote like that shouldn’t be within a mile of impressionable young players.
Unless the new man absolutely wants them, I’d like to see Big Dunc & Unsworth let go to go prove themselves elsewhere.
And a complete clearout of Kenwright strays & cronies.

COYB!
Jeffers left a few months ago.

I've always enjoyed Terry Francis' co commentary
I've always been impressed with Gerry Francis' hairstyle

I can't make my mind up which one I'd like to be given a chance.

I want a manager who hasn't been given a job in over 20 years to be given a chance again.

There is no silver bullet appointment. We just finished an underwhelming 10th under Carlo Ancelotti. Next season is about laying foundations again.We can do that and still improve, actually.

There speaks the man on the Walton omnibus.

If anyone thinks the reference is obscure or , God forbid, I was being unpleasant towards Matty , the test in law for whether something is reasonable or not is ( or used to be as I trained 40 years ago ) does the man ( the law was sexist last century and probably still is ) on the Clapham omnibus think it is reasonable.

Matty has given us an authoratative view and I think we should now move on from the timid wizard.

what’s potter done? Pass piss pass oh that looks boss, “well he’s kept Brighton up”

ok Everton need a man that keeps Brighton up.

honestly how low can people go to want someone like him,

I've always enjoyed Terry Francis' co commentary
I've always been impressed with Gerry Francis' hairstyle

I can't make my mind up which one I'd like to be given a chance.

I want a manager who hasn't been given a job in over 20 years to be given a chance again.
Alan Curbishley says hi !

Status
Not open for further replies.