New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it very hard to believe that Duncan Ferguson’s presence is a key factor in us being complete and utter wank, especially as the couple of peformances under his management actually looked to have players motivated (even if the style of footy was gash)

I actually enjoyed our footy under Dunc, his style was clear, get the ball up into their half and play with it there.
Inifinitely more preferable to the droll pass around the back 20 times we've fell back into.

100% every coach at the club need to go, every 1 of them, every age group, Womens team and reserves. Physios gone, dietitians gone, fitness coaches anyone involved with traning and player performance... if they can't weed out any problems then carpet bomb the whole lot and reset.
Not sure what Willie Kirk and Paul Tait have done to deserve the chop like

I find it very hard to believe that Duncan Ferguson’s presence is a key factor in us being complete and utter wank, especially as the couple of peformances under his management actually looked to have players motivated (even if the style of footy was gash)
Heard rumours several weeks ago that he's a bit of a nuisance around the training ground. He's part of the furniture now and they can't get rid of him. I think Ancelotti just about put up with him. Whether or not this is a kay factor I don't know. But I think a total refresh is needed.

I don't see much difference between where we are now and where we were when Moyes came in. Not that I wish to see Moyes return. But we need someone like the man who came in then. Just someone who has a higher ceiling.

This thing about plucky Everton etc, I think it's overstated. Let the media buy into that if they wish whilst the manager quietly gets on with the business needed. If we were called over-achievers, so what, I'd be delighted to hear people say we are punching above our weight. People think that it somehow commits the manager of the day to then stay at that level and not over-achieve some more, and then some more still.

In addition to hunger, ambition, nous, and raw managerial ability, the new manager will have to be a very good communicator. People will have to get on board and will do so if there is a clear sense of what we are trying to do and a sense of consistency.
If someone like Moyes comes in, I'm absolutely fine, provided they're less cautious, and don't belittle at every opportunity.

I don't mind if you don't win a game, but you give 110%, but as long as we don't bring a manager in, who has an inferiority complex, and can change the team i'm happy.

Just feel that this, more than ever is the most important managerial change. The manager needs to overhaul everything, keep fans on board, and turf out the fodder... it's just an impossible job.

But you're right, we're a big job, but because we're not a darling club elect, they will patronise us, but what I will say is, can you blame them? We've splurged millions on absolute garbage, and haven't progressed at all.

This is it.

Carlo knew what would be required in the summer he said as much on the last game of the season.

I just can’t understand how people believe any other manager is going to come in and change the attitudes and mentality of the players. Silva couldn’t do it, Ferguson managed it for 2 games before they reverted, Ancelotti got 1/2 games of it if he was lucky.

We knew a major overhaul was needed. Now Ancelotti’s departure has messed it all up. Summer plans will be out the window. New manager will keep hold of the duds and want to test them out.

Only hope is that Brands is dealing with this and already has clubs lined up for them and informs the manager of this.
For sure there are players in the squad that seem beyond redemption and we should move them on if possible. It may not be with some though.

It's all about recruiting properly again really. The whole squad doesn't need gutting. 3 or 4 players in and the team if not entire squad can have a fresh look. Maybe add loan signings, and see if any of the U23s can be given a go.

I didnt agree with the strategy underpinning Allans signing in the summer and even that of James to an extent, though you can't pass on him if available.

Ancelotti was all short-termism in my view. We aren't going to progress signing players of the age category we did and further expect them to be brimming over with new found enthusiasm.

Next season is about resetting again. But it has to be done around a 4 or 5 year cycle. I'd much rather the inevitable growing pains that would bring if it meant we were putting something sustainable in place. There is a ceiling beyond which you cannot drop in this job but let's not forget that Ancelotti just finished 10th as well.

I don't think itd unrealistic to restore a work ethic whilst at the same time playing some decent football relative to the overall strength of the squad. A few new players will help enormously but at the same time we cannot write-off whole swathes of the squad either. Some yes, but that's all.

Four games he took and we got progressively worse.

He's an utter cone laying galloot.

I’d find it easier to take your opinions seriously if you weren’t an oddball with a long history of hating on popular ex players in order to be different. Actually that’s a lie, I wouldn’t take anyone seriously who honestly believes Duncan Ferguson is the reason we are crap.

Glad Carlo has left, he’s like a dolly bird who flatters to deceive then does one.
Not sure Dunc is a problem, maybe the situation on motivation might of been even worse if he wasn’t there.
We could get another ‘dolly bird’ manager but it won’t last long.
We need a modern manager, with modern tactics/methods, hungry to prove him/herself in the Prem by pushing on a mid table team, with good funds behind them.
May not be popular

Baines - because he was stopped from signing for United - stuck the knife into Martinez. He's a major part of the clubs problem along with rest of the clique.
Comedy gold

Have a listen to yourself.

I am amazed a man of your calibre has the balls to post this stuff, it is lunacy,

Status
Not open for further replies.